Friday, March 25, 2011

Irish Christening

Patrick's pregnant sister was in a terrible car accident and went into a deep coma. After being in the coma for nearly six months, she wakes up and sees that she is no longer pregnant. Frantically, she asks the doctor about her baby.

The doctor replies, 'Ma'am, you had twins ... a boy and a girl. The babies are fine, however, they were poorly at birth, and had to be christened immediately so your brother Patrick came in and named them.

The woman thinks to herself, 'Oh suffering Jesus, no, not me brother, he's a clueless idiot ... Expecting the worst, she asks the doctor, 'Well, what's my daughter's name?'

'Denise' says the doctor.

The new mother is somewhat relieved, 'Wow, that's a beautiful name, I guess I was wrong about my brother', she thought ... 'I really like Denise.’

Then she asks, 'What's the boy's name?'

The doctor replies 'Denephew.'

Hat tip: Babs of Beetle's Memories 'n' Ramblings
Share This


  1. hahahahahahaha!! I can't stop laughing...:) I will suggest that names to my sisters if ever they get pregnant again..hahaha!

  2. Ha Ha Ha that's one of the best Irish Jokes I've heard for a long time. I'm part Irish descendant. Too bad I didn't hear this when my sister's kids were born I could've suggested those names for Kirsty & Shane

  3. hahahahahahahahaha--

    That came out of the fog for a hearty laugh.

    Is it just me or is Saint Patrick's Day lasting&lasting.

    How bout' some Italian jokes. We could insert 'Badabing' and 'Badaboom'.

    Humm, not quite as funny...

    Have a wind at your back weekend...

  4. hahaha! i guess it's a good think she didn't have twin boys!

    have a terrific weekend, Sandee! big hugs :]

  5. I think I better add a baby-namer to my will! LOL
    (You never know!)

  6. That was a good one. I could def. see my sarcastic brother doing something similar.

    Have a great weekend, full of sun, fun and BOATING! :P

  7. that's a knee slapper..

  8. I have a friend named Denise. I'm definitely going to share this one with her.

  9. oh the poor little idiot brother! ha ha ha

    miss you two!

    smiles, bee

  10. Well I had a good laugh out of that one. Those are terrific names from a daft boy. Too funny. Who would have thunk.
    Take care and enjoy your week end.

  11. At least he is a lovable idiot brother:)

    Sure wish you and Zane were going on the cruise with us...but we'll do it again. For sure.

    Have a great w/e. Big hugs times two, honey...

  12. Funneeeeeeee! Loved it! Didn't see that one coming.

  13. Hi, Sandee! Yes, I did move back to wordpress. Sorry. I was having way too many blogger issues. Life's too short to fight a silly blog every day.

    I SO wish I were on the cruise with Sandy & Dick today! They're probably getting ready to go to dinner right about now!

    Big hugs :]

  14. Love it love it love it! LOL!!!

  15. Well it makes

  16. Aww, poor kid-though, I suppose it could have been worse!

  17. It's a good thing she didn't have triplets.

  18. LOL!! Dat uncle surely lost it when he picked de names. :)

  19. I did NOT see that coming... my Dad would have told that joke.

    I've been off online for a bit, I have to go back and read some more!

  20. You have just got to love the Irish for being the inspiration behind so many funny jokes.

  21. That was so funny. When I read the initial excerpt in my Subscriptions box, I thought you were going to narrate a real life story :-)


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥