Thursday, March 3, 2011

Carnival - Day V

San Juan, Puerto Rico - Historic San Juan, once nothing more than cobblestone streets and the distinctive architecture of the Spanish who founded it, is now a modern world capital. Among the peaceful shaded courtyards and commanding colonial fortresses of El Morro and San Cristobal, you'll find a cosmopolitan city of wide boulevards, lively cafes, highly regarded galleries and designer boutiques.

This is where the old world meets the new - and you can enjoy them both.

San Juan is the capital and most populous municipality in Puerto Rico. As of the 2000 census, it has a population of 433,733, making it the 42nd-largest city under the jurisdiction of the United States. San Juan was founded by Spanish colonists in 1521, who called it Ciudad de Puerto Rico ("Rich Port City"). Puerto Rico's capital is the second oldest European-established city in the Americas, after Santo Domingo, in the Dominican Republic. Several historical buildings are located in San Juan; among the most notable are the city's former defensive forts, Fort San Felipe del Morro and Fort San Cristóbal, and La Fortaleza, the oldest executive mansion in continuous use in the Americas. Source: Wikipedia
Share This


  1. I've never been to PR before. Always wanted to visit. Who knows, maybe my travels will take me there. have fun!

  2. Oh how I WISH I could be there with y'all! Please give hugs to Sarge and Miss Bee for me. They are the First Couple of Blogland to me and I know you are enjoying their company.

    Have fun and stay safe Sandee!

  3. Sure looks like you're having a WOW of a time. Lucky you, I have to stay here & go to work...

  4. Wow that's sounds like amazing place. I should include this place on my travel list, its getting longer and longer. Hope you are enjoying your vacation. Anna :)


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥