Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Blogger's Cruise - X

We were off the ship first thing in the morning and bid Sarge Charlie and Empress Bee goodbye along with hugs and kisses at the baggage area and were in a cab and back to the hotel before 9:00 in the morning. I'm telling you VIP is the way to get on the ship and the way to get off too. Outstanding.

We checked our luggage into the hotel and went across the street to Bayside Market and enjoyed a large part of the day. We had lunch at Bubba Gumps and really enjoyed their shrimp.

It was a beautiful warm day and later in the afternoon we decided to check into our room. We are sitting in our room and this is the view we see...The Carnival Glory in the turnaround basin with a new load of folks going on a seven night Eastern Caribbean cruise. That was us the past Sunday evening. It was bittersweet to watch.

This concludes the posts on this fabulous vacation. We are talking about our next cruise and where we want to go. There's a 15 day cruise to Hawaii and perhaps Alaska. We've also looked at the Panama Canal and then fly back from Florida. There's also BC5 and we just may do that one again next year.

If Sarge Charlie and Empress Bee go somewhere early next year (when I'm no longer commodore), we just may cross the country again and join them. Sandy and Dick already have two cruises booked and we sure wish we could go, especially the one in October. That's our bay cruise and as commodore I'll be going to the bay. Barb? I know that Linda won't cruise again anytime soon. I'd cruise with y'all again in a New York second. It was fantastic to say the least.
Share This


  1. I still can't get over the size of that ship. Although it looks very top heavy. Does it roll very much at sea due to the height of it?

  2. I'm sure you guys really enjoy your cruise. You even plan (or at least think about) the next one already.
    With that kind of ship and places to visit, I would love to be on the cruise myself.

    Have a great week.

  3. I'd cruise with you in a NY minute, too! I'd love to do a TA or a Mediterranean. I dearly hope to see Italy one day!

    As I've told my sisters... I'm happy with whatever destination they choose for our sister cruise. As long as I'm on the ship, I'll go wherever it takes me! So many places, so little time!

    Now that you've posted your final cruise post I really do feel like it's over. Rats.

    big hugs xo

  4. Sandee-

    Waaaaaaaaaa:>( I wanna go:>)

    Have a great week...

  5. What a great vacation!
    Thanks again for sharing it!

  6. I wish you cruisin' buddies would/could join us on the Carnival Magic first TA in October!!! Stormin' Norm and Ann will be on it and a few others from BC4. Let us know about Hawaii and AK cruises. We are interested. Yep, in a NY minute!

    Loved the Glory video. I would have been sitting there watching, too.

    Big hugs, honey...

  7. You guys are such a hoot. I totally enjoyed every minute of this cruise, I call it making memories, I got some good ones.

  8. Hmmm - can't go on a cruise because you will be boating elsewhere -

  9. ohhhh i could see our balcony on that video! i want to gooooooo. it was a lovely cruise and we had so much fun just being with y'all! love you both!

    smiles, bee

  10. So glad to hear you had a terrific and "safe" time....it's so nice to meet blog buddies too....

  11. THanks for sharing your cruise with us. I loved every minute of it.

  12. Nope, no cruising any time in the future for me though I've been talking to some friends about their cruises to Bermuda which they totally love as the ship docks in one spot for three days and there's really a lot of time to see the place they're at. Something like that might be a bit more appealing to me than quick stops at ports along the way but then again, I don't know - it'll still be a ship with lots and lots of people and therein lies a lot of the problem for me. Ah well, live and learn as you just never know if you'll like something until you try! And it sounds to me like you most definitely like it!!

  13. Well it sure looked like a good time for all. All that good food sounds good to me. Hope you have a great day.

  14. Unfortunately all great holidays must come to an end, but now you can enjoy the fun of planning the next one and then looking forward to it. I even the feel the urge to go on a cruise and that is something I hadn't thought about seriously until I started reading about all the good times you had...

  15. I got more cruise brochures today and I've been so envious of your trip, I just looked at my brochures and sighed. No way I can go but it is a wonderful way to travel. I know what you mean about bittersweet seeing the ship leave again with happy passengers.

  16. It must have been really hard to get off the ship and end the cruise. I think I would have wanted to get right back on and do it again

  17. what a wonderful adventure! something on my 'bucket list'... I do get sea sick?? do you feel like you are sailing in such a big ship?

  18. What an incredible trip. The last day is always surreal until the reality of dealing with luggage and rushing to catch a plane catches up with you. You've got wonderful memories posted here that you can relive over and over again in your mind.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥