Friday, March 18, 2011

Blogger's Cruise VIII

We are up, showered and ready for the day in Grand Turk.

We've been looking forward to visiting this island for months. I'm on the balcony and hubby has to take a picture.

He took lots of shots of me on the balcony. It's warm, it's a beautiful day and this is our last island before we head back to Miami.

Look how blue the water is. It was just gorgeous and lots of folks were enjoying snorkeling later in the afternoon. Right after the huge rainstorm. That didn't stop us from enjoying the island one bit. There were certainly a lot of folks that didn't bring their umbrellas. If there had been some business on the island that sold umbrellas they would have made a small fortune.
After a long, wonderful day we have dinner. Our group photograph. Standing - left to right: Sandy, Dick and Barb. Seated - left to right: Hubby, me, Sarge Charlie and Empress Bee. I can't remember if Linda took the photograph either. In any event tomorrow is our last full day and I'm not looking forward to ending this fabulous cruise.

The next shot is our head waiter and if you'll look closely he's wearing my tiara during their nightly show. What a great sport you were Miguel.

The last shot is my favorite towel animal of the week. Imagine my surprise to return to our stateroom and finding this monkey hanging from the lighting. Fantastic.
Monday: Heading to Miami

28 comments:

  1. How beautiful!! I hope you are having the best time of your life. Have a wonderful and safe rest of the trip.

    Big Hugs!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful pictures.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun, fun! Let's do it again. I'm ready!

    Have a great w/e. We will. Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That island does look fabulous. That blue water is something else.Those pictures are super. Makes me want to go on a cruise. Hope you have a great week end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want to go again!!!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miguel was wonderful all week! And did you know he gave me his wine key? Zane tipped him for that sweet gesture.

    I'm ready to do it all over again, too!

    Big hugs :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos of the blue ocean are beautiful. Love the group picture and that monkey is just too cute.

    Makes you want to fold your towels that way at home.

    Have a great weekend.
    Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The water at Grand Turk was indeed very beautiful and I was glad to see it stop raining even if just for a little while!

    We didn't get any hanging towel animals in our cabin - darn the luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The towel monkey is a hoot! Never had any desire to go on a cruise but it looks like y'all had a blast and a half.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must have Grand Turk. Beach, sea, and sun. I wanted to jump into the picture and squish my toes in the sand. Were you able to sneak Towel Monkey past customs?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just knew you'd have a wonderful time. It does look very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, great pictures..!! I love Miami, I've lived here my whole life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice pictures. Umm... Where's the water balloon? LOL

    Have a great weekend.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  14. At least it didn't rain the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. look at that water and that beach, wow. On an island as pretty as that who cares if there's a little rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What incredible water! I never get used to seeing such beautiful pictures. Glad you had a great time, and love the little monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I so miss those shades of blue :-(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Like that balcony shot. Hope you took one of him there, too.

    They dock those huge ships that close together? I wouldn't want to be doing the parking.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Binky,I agree with you.I would not want to do the parking as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The water is just so magnificently blue. Whatta berautiful place. Boy those ships sure are awesome & classy looking. Bit outta my budget. I'll have to go for one of the pedal boats. Those towel animals just turn up anywhere, pesky little critters

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am now living my life through your blog. AMAAAAZZZINNNGGGGGG. I want to wear the tiara... but somehow I don't think I would look as good in it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just wondering if looking at these pictures make you feel sad, mainly because it went by so fast and looking back has to make you a little depressed its all over. But then again, you can always get ready for the next cruise :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow ... just WOW! Incredible photos, makes me wish I could feel just one warm day

    ReplyDelete
  24. Grand Turk seems to have everything I like, the sand, sea and blue sky. I can just imagine myself at a beach bar listening to some chilled out vibes drinking copious amounts of rum and beer while I enjoy the view.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Grand Turk seems to have everything I like, the sand, sea and blue sky. I can just imagine myself at a beach bar listening to some chilled out vibes drinking copious amounts of rum and beer.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that Caribbean water! Beautiful blues!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful photo of you Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love all your photos Sandee...I was asking myself when can I board that huge ship hahaha.

    Thanks for dropping by. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥