Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blogger's Cruise - VII

San Juan is a gorgeous city filled with color and the hustle and bustle of folks at work.

We went into lots of different shops and I finally found a couple of t-shirts that I just had to have.

There were several cruise ships in port that day so there were lots of tourists all over the place.

We enjoyed walking around town and taking in the local color and after lunch we headed back to the ship. We had to be back on board by 3 so we didn't have nearly enough time to explore this beautiful island.

We spent some time with Sarge Charlie and Empress Bee before dinner. They had dinner with John Heald this evening while the rest of us went to our usual table in the dining room. Hubby really enjoyed photographing the sky. It was indeed beautiful and trying to capture that beauty didn't work very well. I want to go back and do it all over again.

The third picture is of Linda and Barb at dinner, and the last picture is of Sandy and Dick with Dick being Dick. What a great group of folks.
On our way back to our room we pass the stateroom stewards cart and see this little fellow and just couldn't help taking a shot. When we get to our room we find this cutie pie waiting. Did I mention that I love towel animals? I thought so.
Tomorrow: Grand Turk

16 comments:

  1. Love Love LOVE San Juan and I want to spend at least a week or two there one day!

    I think Zane-y did a great job with the sky and I especially love the one of you and Miss Bee!

    Big hugs :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. PleasePleasePlease I want to go next time.

    Who is in charge? Let's get her booked now for 2011?

    Happy St. Patrick's, have a green beer for me, Okee:>)

    PLU

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure got some great photos Sandee. I love the towel animals, too cute. The ship is awesome looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I think I would have bought one of those purses to go with the tshirts! I love the idea of having one that you can't get anywhere else.

    The towel animals are cute, Linda posted about them today, too. Talent! I wonder if they have a training school just for that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think this was my favorite ever cruise. it used to be a transatlantic with six straight sea days but y'all were so much fun you topped that!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps: the duck posted zane's video of sarge's magic trick on facebook, sorry, he should have asked but didn't know where it came from, i had sent it to him.

    thanks zane!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that sunset behind you in the first pic...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you all went. Let me know when you all book the next one. Maybe we'll go along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures of super people having such a good time. What could be better. Thanks for the great reports.

    ReplyDelete
  10. super snaps. I love the duck. nice narration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. San Juan looks like a wonderful place to explore. Beautiful sky too. Love those towel animals. So are you going to learn how to fold those things yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. maying the towel animals taks a bit of talent. the more complex the animal the better the talent. That's my story and i'm sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have heard a lot of good things about Puerto Rico, and when I next get back to the Carribbean I'm going to pay it a long visit. The animals towels look so cool...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy St Paddies Day Sandee. God that ship is awesome not to mention the city too. I am ready to move and this is not helping me stay here in NY.

    Big Green Beer Hug

    ReplyDelete
  15. San Juan looks very charming and personal, with the narrow streets and low buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I quite liked San Juan and learned some great history lessons from our guide (definitely my kind of port visit!). I wish we'd had more time there than we did as I would loved to have been able to explore one of the old forts.

    Love that towel animal you got! We had some real cuties but that one's great! Those stewards have some real talent when it comes to those things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥