Monday, March 14, 2011

Bloggers Cruise - IV

Wednesday morning finds us in St. Thomas. It's a beautiful island and we are eager to explore. We see the superyacht Cakewalk and our curiosity is piqued. So today I will share the following video to allow you to take a closer look at this magnificent vessel.

Cakewalk, a 281 foot luxury yacht built by Derecktor Shipyards in Bridgeport, Conn. is reported to be the largest yacht (by volume) ever built in the United States, and costing $82 million. The vessel is owned by Charles Gallagher, a private equity investor from Denver. Source: StamfordAdvocate

Yacht Specifications

Type/Year: 2010
Beam: 14.30m (46.92ft)
L.O.A.: 85.60 m (280.84ft)
Crew: 26 (17 cabins)
Max Speed: 17 knots
Cabins: 7
Engines: 2 x MTU 16V 4000 M71 Dies
Cruise Speed: 15 knots
Builder/Designer: Derecktor, Tim Heywood

Tomorrow: St. Thomas (continued)
Share This


  1. What! No submarines? No helicopters? Hmmpf!

    St. Thomas is a beautiful island. My niece is named Charlotte Amalie. She's beautiful, too!

  2. St. Thomas is absolutely beautiful. While my bad bus driver excursion this past visit was really the pits, my first visit was just lovely! Of course, I was with my sister and I always have the best time with her, no matter the place or activity.

    That's some ship! I can't imagine owning something like that. Wow.

    Big hugs :]

  3. did you see the little boat on the side that came up and matched the big one? and what is that white pole thingy in the front, i can't figure that out. it is the most beautiful boat i have ever seen though and i was lucky to dock next to it!

    smiles, bee

    ps: miss you!

  4. Yes, I have a side photo of Cakewalk showing the itty bitty boat in the basement. We can't figure out what that tower thingy is either. There are lots of radar and satellite stuff on top. Maybe it is a different transmitter or receiver of some sort? It's all a little out of our price range:)

    Oh what a fun week, especially getting to spend it with you two.

    Big hugs, honey...

  5. cakewalk video is superb.

  6. Well that is one fancy boat. It is like a floating mansion. I could never imagine being on that one. 17 cabins. Wow. Great video and fantastic boat. We all need one of those.

  7. Wow! that's one beautiful boat!

  8. Gorgeous pictures. We stopped at St. Thomas on a cruise several years ago and went snorkling in Turtle Bay.

    Last week, I was on a head trip, channel surfing on my tee-vee. That's why I've been away. Needed a bloggy break.

    Glad you're back!

  9. The yacht sounds like something I would enjoy. Do they ever put them on sale?

  10. Remind me not to invest with that guy, I don't need to help him get anymore money.
    Wow, that is quite some boat.
    have a great week!

  11. Now that's what I call living in luxury. Very impressive.

  12. when you got it flaunt it.

  13. Wow! Maybe he would loan it to us...ahaha,

  14. I cannot even imagine owning something like that.

  15. Your investment dollars at work!

  16. Sweet. That's a great and luxurious looking vessel. But I guess, luxury is something way above my means.

  17. Absolutely stunning boat, how the super rich live is out of this world. If only I could live on it...

  18. WOW what a boat or is that a ship? All I know you and hubby would look mighty good on it, as you streamed through the Pacific waters as you headed to Maui :-)Glad you had a great time and equally happy you're home safe.



Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥