Friday, March 11, 2011

Bloggers Cruise - III

Today is a fun day at sea, but there isn't time to goof off and just relax. There is so much to do today. The first and most important thing we did this day was stuff teddy bears for St. Jude's.

The Teddy Bear Workshop is part of Carnival’s “Care to Play: Carnival For St. Jude Kids” program whose goal is to raise $3 million over a three-year period for the hospital, one of the world’s premier centers for the research and treatment of pediatric cancer and other catastrophic diseases. Source: Carnival Cruise Lines News

Can you find me, hubby and Sandy? All these wonderful folks are part of the Evil Crew. You'll learn more about the Evil Crew later.

Around 3 in the afternoon we had tea with John Heald. He's Carnival's Senior Cruise Director and he's from England. He has a wicked sense of humor (spelled incorrectly), and kept all of us laughing all week long. He actually served pastries and other goodies along with the tea. The first picture is of John Heald making funny and the second is Linda, Barb and I waiting for our tea.
Right after this event we were off to another cocktail party at the piano bar where Barb loved to spend her evenings. One night she closed the place and decided to go back to her stateroom at around 3 in the morning. You go Barb!
The top photo is of Barb and Sandy and the bottom photo is me hugging Baby Girl (Bobbi). Keep in mind that if you are invited to parties that the drinks are free. All the events we attended today were for the Evil Crew. How fun is that.
It's off to dinner and Sarge Charlie just couldn't resist doing another pole dance. There are lots of poles on the ship and Sarge doesn't miss many pole dances either. The last picture is Linda and Barb having a serious conversation about something. Probably that great looking drink Barb has.

It's been a full day and there are shows to see after dinner. If you stay up later than some of us old folks there are the adult comedy shows to see as well. There is something to do almost every minute of every day. If you get bored you just aren't paying attention to all the wonderful events that Carnival schedules for their guests.
We head back to our stateroom to share some wine and we find this little guy waiting for us. I love towel animals. I love Carnival Cruise Lines. I love the ocean. Life is good.

Monday: St. Thomas
Share This


  1. Love the pics. I'm so glad y'all had fun!!!! So when is the next trip???? I'll do my darndest not to miss it.

  2. That's a really good time indeed and I believe there's a lot of fun during the cruise.
    That Teddy Bear program sounds great too.

  3. That drink was a Raspberry Mojito and it totally rocked! I bought some Bacardi Razz in San Juan so I can make some. Yummy! They're also quite good without alcohol. No, really!

    Yay for helping the children. You guys did an awesome job. I believe that I was at the wine tasting while you were all building bears.

    I wanna go again!

    Big hugs :]

  4. Parties that have free alcohol ... my kind of cruise! Love the little towel animals too. How cute! Glad you had a great time and looking forward to hearing more.

  5. Oh man, serious withdrawals here. I wanna go back and do it all over again and do some of the things that I missed.

    We both LOVED spending time with you two, but the week went way too fast.

    Big hugs times two, honey...

  6. Love the idea of the teddy bears for St. Judes. Great pictures of everyone having such a good time. Sounds like a wild bunch. Hope you have a fun day today.

  7. Sounds like y'all were having one heck of a good time and right now you are catching up on your rest!

  8. cute snaps. you had a gala time with your folks. big hug for this memorable event.

  9. I'm finally trying to get back into some sort of blogging mode here but really doing a crappy job of it however, I've loved reading your first three posts of the cruise and all that went on.

    Zane did a wonderful job of taking pictures - as always!

  10. I have been looking through all the photos of your trip, it certainly looks like you had a brilliant time loved your tiara lol.

    I'm glad you all had a good time and welcome back :-)


  11. What a fun day at sea!!

  12. i am loving your posts! i want to go again!

    smiles, bee

  13. I agree with Bee, I want to go again too, so I can do all the stuff I missed the first time around. I love, love, love this picture of the two of us.

    Big Hugs,

    Baby Girl

  14. That just looks like so much fun. I'm loving those towel animals too

  15. This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article.

  16. Your blogs is really nice! Please link my blog: Nonsense Books, by Edward Lear

  17. Carnival Cruise Lines definitely seem to be the business. I think I like the sound of those cruise parties, but I don't think the headache I would have the next day would be so good!

    I have never had a Raspberry Mojito...yet!


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥