To say that this is exciting is an understatement.
What we have waited over eight months for is finally happening. We are heading to the eastern Caribbean.
It was warm, but I didn't expect to find the beach full of beach-goers in February. It's just not beach time for most of us. Isn't this amazing?
Our first dinner together and Sarge Charlie did magic tricks for us. As you can see hubby was very amused. How do you like the necklace and earrings Empress Bee made for me. I wore them a lot during our cruise. Thank you again Empress Bee. You are the best. I also wore my tiara because I'm Princess-Because-I-Said-So. Linda and I are checking out the menu for the evening. The food was so very good.
Monday morning we find ourselves in Nassau, Bahamas. It was warm and we quickly showered and dressed for the day and exited the ship. We ran into Sarge Charlie and Empress Bee, along with Linda and Barbara. Hubby took a group photograph then we all went our separate ways for the day.
The third picture down of hubby and I shows the Atlantis Resort and Casino. The following information was obtained from Wikipedia:
Accommodation at the resort includes:
- The Beach Tower, formerly known as the Paradise Beach Hotel, is the oldest building at Atlantis.
- The Coral Towers, formerly known as the Britannia Beach Hotel.
- The Royal Towers contains the "Bridge Suite", ranked in 2003 by Forbes as the most expensive hotel room in the world. With the recent hotels built over the last couple of years, Atlantis is included in one of the most expensive hotels in the world (approximately $25,000 USD a night).
- Harborside Resort consists of 392 villas and features a harbor-front restaurant, pool area including a children's pool with water fountains, a fitness facility, a sundry store, and all-day shuttle service to Atlantis.
- The Reef, the newest building at Atlantis, consists of condominium hotel residences
- The Cove Atlantis is a 600-suite tower that opened in 2007.
Tomorrow: Fun day at sea.