Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bloggers Cruise - I

Our long awaited cruise finally took shape on Friday, February 25th when we made our way to Sacramento to have dinner with friends before we turned in early. We went to the Virgin Sturgeon in Sacramento.

This establishment is right on the water and has a very rich history. Duffy and Georgia treated us to dinner, along with another couple (Wayne and Shirley). Dinner was excellent and the company was even better.

This photograph was taken as we were leaving. I'm so excited about our trip that I can hardly contain myself.

We are up, showered and packed very early on Saturday morning and arrive at the airport to check-in and get some breakfast. We spend all day making our way to Miami and arrive around 6pm. We get to the hotel, freshen up and then decide to have a cocktail before dinner. We end up meeting many other bloggers that are going on the same cruise we are. It was indeed fun.
Sunday morning finds us waiting for our bus to take around 24 of us to the cruise ship terminal. I'm really excited at this point as I'm getting closer and closer to meeting my blogging buddies.
We take the short ride to the Port of Miami and hubby gets a shot of one of the ships in port. It's getting so close and the excitement for all of us is high. We just need to get through security and the boarding process.
Hubby and I are finally on board and head for the Lido deck to see if we can find Sarge Charlie and Empress Bee. We didn't find them so we decided to eat some lunch. I found us a table while hubby took care of our order. All of a sudden he quickly left the area we are in. Hubby came back and told me he found Sarge Charlie and Empress Bee and we joined them for lunch. Of course there were hugs and kisses first. They were as delightful as I knew they would be.

On the way to our room we ran into Dick and Sandy having lunch. Then Barb and Linda showed up. It was a hug fest for all of us. Well not Dick, because he was having lunch and nothing was going to interrupt that. The first shot is me and Sandy. Next Dick having his lunch. Then Barb and I about to do a big bear hug. And Linda and I in the last shot.
We finally make it to our stateroom and find that hubbies luggage has arrived, but mine is still below. Oh well, it doesn't really matter.

It took both of us a bit to see the bottle of wine on the coffee table. When we read that Ferd and Gail had sent us this we could hardly believe it. Most of you know Ferd of The Best Parts and if you do you know he talks about Princess Gail a lot. Princess Gail has a site called Gail Birdtail. Right after hubby took this shot there was a knock at the door and we were given another gift from Ferd and Gail. How romantic is that and what a great way to start off a cruise.

We were hoping they could make this cruise, but life got in the way and made it impossible for them to join us. Hubby and I want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your friendship and your kindness. We also want to wish you both a very Happy Anniversary.

Next: Setting sail.
Share This

24 comments:

  1. Oh boy.... I want to go again! Even though nobody sent me chocolate covered strawberries! I actually meant to order those one night and forgot! So I need to go back now to do that. Right? Right!

    Whitey made it home safe and sound, but Gracie doesn't care. She's just glad her Momma made it home!

    Big hugs :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of Ferd and Gail to do that! Happy anniversary!

    Thank you so much for posting these photos... I'm tearing up at the "meeting" shots. Oh, I can imagine the hugfest!!!!!

    Aren't friends the best!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandee--

    Have another Cruise soon, I want to go.

    Looks like ya' all had TMF!

    PLU

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can honestly say you two are the most fun couple i have ever met. you are up for fun times and laughs and hugs. i especially liked zane going around introducing himself as you-know-who! ha ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been waiting for these posts - Now comes the good parts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goody, all about the cruise. How did I know all of you would have such a good time. Glad everyone had so much fun. It is great fun for me to hear all about it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The week went by SOOO fast. I am enjoying reading all the recaps so that I can enjoy the week all over again. I can pack and leave again in no time flat! As a matter of fact, Dick is working on an Oct. cruise:)

    Missing those real hugs, gf. Sending cyber ones...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing shower of hospitality between blogging friends...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a wonderful cruise with so many great blogging buddies. I am enjoying your post and having fun right along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here is a YouTube song for Sandee!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ulSJRtGSgI&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok, ok, i will do it again:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been sort of on a hiatus from blog reading the past 3-4 days -so a lot of catching up to do today -but I knew that one of you cruisers would be coming around and posting lots of pics of your fun trip and yep, I was right! You're the first one to pop up on my reader with stuff about the cruise. So good to have you back and so great to know too that you all had a fantastic time as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like a helluva great time. It had to be tons of fun to meet fellow bloggers. How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  14. o girl I am turnin GREEN!....so jealous!..ha it looks like a dream..can I come and bring my fam with ya next time?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was a wonderful time Darlin, especially meeting everyone.

    zily

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a trip and you sure have got some amazing and true friends. The desert looks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just the beginning of your cruise pictures and it already looks like it was a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The story with nice photos about the cruise is here. The one I have been waiting for! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeaaaa!!!! I can't wait for part two, three four.... how exciting! GREAT pictures... !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, that was a lot of fun and you hadnt even left Miami yet! Cant wait to see what tomorrow brings.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sandee (and Zane),

    I'm so glad you guys had such a great first day, and something tells me the rest of the trip was just as wonderful. Can't wait to read about it over these next few days!

    And thank you for the link love! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like it was a great start to your trip. The stateroom looks superb!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad to see you had a wonderful time Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What great friends to send a bottle of wine! Sounds like a great start.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥