Sunday, February 13, 2011

Words of Wisdom

If you can’t be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Never buy a car you can’t push.

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you don’t have a leg to stand on.

Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance.

The early worm gets eaten by the bird, so sleep late.

The second mouse gets the cheese.

When everything’s coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.

Birthdays are good for you, the more you have, the longer you live.

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.

We could learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors but they all have to learn to live in the same box.

A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

Happiness comes through doors you didn’t even know you left open.
Share This


  1. My favourite is the lending $20 one

    so true :-)

    Have a peaceful Sunday :-)

  2. If you should never buy a car you can't push then I shouldn't be buying anything other than a matchbox

  3. As long as I've got a digital camera to record the detour, I'm good with it.

  4. number two is true wisdom, sometimes it;s worth a lot more than $20, trust me!

  5. Loved all of these!
    Great way to start the day!

  6. Brilliant! I am truly happy:)

    And happy that those real hugs happen in exactly two weeks! That brings bigger smiles. Just sayin'.

    Have a great day, as I know you two always do. Big hugs, honey...

  7. I've always said that having birthdays is better than the alternative!

    Have a great day, Sandee - we push off from the dock in just two short weeks!!

  8. My very favorite is the one about lending money. I completely agree. AND ... pushing the car. VERY wise.

  9. "A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour." I try to live like this one!

    smiles, bee

  10. All so very true! Mo and I to learned to live by this one: "A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour".

  11. Those are all so very true and need to be remembered always. Hope you have a super Sunday Sandee.

  12. I have made a lot of detours in my life and I haven't always enjoyed the scenery, and believe me I always try. And I have only once owned a car I couldn't push and oh boy it is a nightmare when your broken down and know body will lend a helping hand...

  13. A lot of true ones there!

  14. I totally love detours! But I have never been able to figure out the 2nd mouse getting the cheese. Enlighten mr, please!

    Big hugs :]

  15. Hey Sandee, Can I borrow $20.00?

  16. You are so wonderfully cheerful. I can learn from you! You know you mean the world to me don't you? Just sayin.

  17. Hi Susan - I ♥ you too. You know that right?

  18. I am happy I am a late sleeper! not only will I not get eaten by the early bird, I get the cheese as well! and you can forget about the $20.... someone must of been in my wallet while I was sleeping in!

  19. That early worm wisdom is the very reason why I become a nocturnal being. :)
    Like the ones about car and the second mouse also.

  20. I can relate to the detour one. My favorite thing to do is "get lost" with my MAC's, camera in hand. We take every possible side road, dirt road, cowpath in the name of taking cool pictures.

  21. The second mouse gets the cheese???
    Or the 2nd mouse gets the whipped cream...

  22. Great ones...Your right I hope I never see that bastard who took my tenty bucks again!

  23. Love them! :)
    The like the last one the most, "Happiness comes through doors you didn’t even know you left open."

  24. Wow some really great words of wisdom, I can relate to them all. By the way, where is my twenty bucks, hehehehehe. ;-)

    Luv ya, one more HUG oops and one more (big squeeze)

  25. yeah right, I will sleep late from now on lol. Well, i love the $20 quote...

    Have a great day Sandee.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥