Saturday, February 12, 2011

Laws - Part IV

The Romans would crush a first-time rapist’s gonads between two stones.

In China, women are prohibited from walking around a hotel room in the nude. A woman may be naked only while in the bathroom.

The early Christian church forbade couples from having sex on Wednesdays, Fridays and of course, Sundays.

In Pompeii, a special law was directed at prostitutes. They had to dye their hair either blue, red or yellow in order to be able to work.

In Indiana, mustaches are illegal if the bearer has a “tendency to habitually kiss other humans.”

Six thousand years ago, Egyptians, the first to punish sex crimes with castration, would completely castrate a male convicted of rape. A women found guilty of adultery would find herself without a nose, the thinking being that without a nose, it would be harder to find someone to share in her adulterous ways.

There are men in Guam whose full-time job it is to travel the countryside and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first time. Why? Under the law in Guam, it is forbidden for virgins to marry.

In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous husband, but may only do so with her bare hands. The husband’s lover may be killed in any manner desired.

An 18th century French prostitute could be spared punishment if she were willing to join the opera.

In Mississippi, S & M is against the law. Specifically, “The depiction or description of flagellation or torture by or upon a person who is nude or in undergarments or in a bizarre or revealing costume for the purpose of sexual gratification.”

During the Middle Ages, if you were guilty of bestiality you’d be burned at the stake, along with the other party to your crime.
Share This


  1. So THAT's what all that blue, red or yellow hair's all about!

    Happy Saturday! Big hugs :]

  2. so if I were to live in Hong Kong and was to kill my adulterous husband with my bare hands does the law indicate whether or not he is allowed to fight back?

    The one about 18th century french prostitutes is quite interesting. Did that have trouble recruiting opera singers back then?

  3. man there are some strange laws!!! ha ha ha

    see you soon!

    smiles, bee

  4. Bet there are a lot of opera singers coming out of France. Lots more interesting rules. Wonder who figured all those out. Hope you have a fun week end Sandee. Hugs to Little Bit. I used to have a cat by that name. He was a great cat but disappeared darn it all.

  5. LOL @ crushed gonads that word always makes me laugh it always reminds me of that character in the Viz Comic called "Buster Gonad with his unfeasibly large testicles" Heheh!

    Whatever has the opera to do with prostitution LOL

    Great fun have a nice weekend :-)

  6. My uncle was in Guam for two years .... hmmmmmmmm

    Hi Sandee !!!!!!!!!!!!
    smoooootch :)

  7. OMG! These are too funny.

    In my thinking, prostitutes have blue hair. Old ladies have blue hair. So, all old ladies are prostitutes. I got an incomplete in college Logic.

    A women found guilty of adultery would find herself without a nose, the thinking being that without a nose, it would be harder to find someone to share in her adulterous ways.

    Hence, the 20th century nose job.

  8. How many guys are now heading to Guam? Hahaha

    Cruising, cruising...soon! Big hugs, honey...

  9. I'd have to say that the gonad-crushing for a first time offense of rape would most definitely be the last time offense for rape!

  10. The job in Guam sounds like my sort of thing, and as soon as I find out where it is I'm going to book a flight. And the Chinese never cease to amaze me...

  11. There are some very strange laws about :)

  12. I'm glad I didn't know about that Guam thing when I was younger! LOL

  13. I think I like that Roman law. Yes I do.

  14. all these laws that seem very appropriate for the crime, but sure didn't stop anyone to do it then , or now... I like the crushes gonads... I wonder if the raped person got to do the crushing? I bet the colored hair was to make it easier to ID a lady of delights?? Oh blue, I will come with you... woot!

  15. Ha I started with part 4 and going backwards. I wonder if I am breaking any laws, LOL. GOD there are some strange laws to go with some strange people.

    Just saying (Sandees law)

    Big HUG

  16. Yeah I bet a few guys are calling airlines to check ticket prices to Guam. I'll bet there is some stiff competition for those jobs, though.

  17. Some of those laws don't make any sense at all. But then again, so do most law makers and politicians.

  18. Crushing gonads with stones??? I can almost feel their pain

  19. I have been to Guam but wasn't told of any job vacancies at the time

  20. This would explain why there is a Marine and Naval base on Guam........


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥