Thursday, February 10, 2011

Laws - Part II

Up until 1884, a woman could be sent to prison for denying a husband sex.

In Maryland, it is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines with one exception, prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only “in places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises.”

While not as extreme as the ancient Israelite punishment for adultery (stoning), Greek men still had their fair share of discomfort when their pubic hair was removed and a large radish was shoved up their rectum.

In Alabama, it’s against the law for a man to seduce “a chaste woman by means of temptation, deception, arts, flattery or a promise of marriage.”

In Nepal, Bangladesh and Macao it is against the law to view movies containing simulated lovemaking or the pubic area of men and women. The law also does not allow kisses to be shown in any film that includes actors from these three countries.

It’s illegal to have sex with a corpse anywhere in the United States.
Share This

16 comments:

  1. There's a chaste woman in AL? bwahahahahaha!

    Big hugs :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last one sounds like a good law to me. Who could imagine doing that. Ewwww!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, that Greek method for adultery would be less painful than what would happen to my man...but myman would never be unfaithful:) Now that last one is a great law, but still...

    Have a super day. Getting closer to BC4. Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  4. With the Greek one what i would be interested to know is why a radish? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. a radish? I'm laughing with Barb about the chaste women in Alabama. There had to have been one... maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last one is a great law. It is so nice to know I will be safe after I die. Interesting laws, that is for sure. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well i'm happy about the last one! ha ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. There must be a lot of Greek men here. I hear that they have pubic pulling and radish rectum flings at a local hotel here. We call it "The Rump Roast Inn."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never really did like radishes, I like them even less now I know where they've been...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maryland must have based that law on the fact that looks improve with the consumption of alcohol.
    A radish? I'm curious how they came up with that one. I'm also wondering if my ex may have been Greek and perhaps that law should apply....lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't read the whole post because I can't get past the Greek men part... who thought up THAT one?! And how did they go about it! "I know what punishment we can use!!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If she was seduced, she wasn't chaste. Chased maybe, but not chaste.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Israelite punishment for adultery (stoning)." I kinda like it, because in our generation today there are a lot of cheaters out there, I mean Adulterers, I hate it. Thanks for the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why did they have to go and change a good law such as sending a woman to jail for denying her husband sex. There sure are some crazy laws out there.

    I want a law that sends all corrupt Politicians to jail for 10 years when they get caught!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ouch! Pubic hair removal and rectum shoveling?!
    @ William K Wallace: I dream of that law for Politicians as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's funny indeed. I actually posted some sex-related laws in my blog too.

    I like that greek law about shaving pubic hair! Funny thing huh!

    Webbielady

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥