Friday, February 4, 2011

How is Norma?

A sweet grandmother telephoned St. Joseph 's Hospital. She timidly asked, "Is it possible to speak to someone who can tell me how a patient is doing?"

The operator said, "I'll be glad to help, dear. What's the name and room number of the patient?"

The grandmother in her weak, tremulous voice said, "Norma Findlay, Room 302."

The operator replied, "Let me put you on hold while I check with the nurse's station for that room."

After a few minutes, the operator returned to the phone and said, "I have good news. Her nurse just told me that Norma is doing well. Her blood pressure is fine; her blood work just came back normal and her physician, Dr. Cohen, has scheduled her to be discharged tomorrow."

The grandmother said, "Thank you. That's wonderful. I was so worried. God bless you for the good news."

The operator replied, "You're more than welcome. Is Norma your daughter?"

The grandmother said, "No, I'm Norma Findlay in Room 302. No one tells me s**t."

Hat tip: Lynn Sagara - Blogger Cruise 4 Evil Crew Member

23 comments:

  1. That SO got me! Poor Norma. Bless her heart.

    Big hugs :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's one smart cookie. I am going to have to remember that trick next time I am in. Have a great Friday!!! Its frigid here, I am waiting for the van tow arm up before trekking into work. TGIF, TGIF, TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pmsl a bit like our hospitals :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL.. Very cute....and credible!

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh. A big HIPPA violation! But the privacy violation worked out in this case! Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a good one. That is one way to find out what is going on. Will have to remember that. Take care Sandee and have a super week end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got to love the granny. At least she remembered which room she was in. LOL! post.

    It's frigid here, too. It's so damn cold the snow crunches when you walk on it. I will now refrain from being bawdy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having just gone through this same sort of hospital/doctor/medical nonsense, I can so relate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smart old womam. You gotta think outside of the box somtimes to get answers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been in the medical field too long as while I'm reading this I was thinking to myself that there's no way that woman could be giving patient information out to someone unless they're designated on the Notice of Privacy Practices that they are someone who is authorized to receive protected health information about a patient!

    Other than that, this one did make me laugh as I've got no doubt it's the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smart cookie. Don't mess with grannie!

    Have a great w/e. See y'all SOON! Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard this one before and it cracks me up. I think if I'm ever in the hospital again I'm going to try this

    ReplyDelete
  13. Willy been there but did not make the call. Wish Willy had heard this story earlier. Willy could not find out S%$t either. Guess Willy should have called the front desk.

    This one made Willy smile. Thanks Sandee.

    10-4 Willy

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahahaha. Very hilarious. I was not prepared to laugh. Clever grannie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL!! You just can't beat what comes out of experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You gotta get up early to stay ahead of the little old ladies, they're crafty old dears

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just love this story.
    Have experienced about the same.

    May I link it to some of my friends.

    btw. I think we will have a flight from LA to SF and rent a car from there. Hope we can have dinner at your YC. Have you any advice regarding accommodations nearby

    ReplyDelete
  19. Unfortunately, that's just about it! The patient is the last to know.

    ReplyDelete
  20. HIPPA is the reason no one tells anybody anything at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very funny :). Nice posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥