Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Dinner

The best laid plans don't always work out. Today was going to be the day that our family got together for a big BBQ rib feed. Hubby was going to fix the ribs in what he terms low and slow (low heat for a long time) and I was going to make homemade potato salad, along with asparagus and my famous garlic French bread. Hubby was going to make everyone's favorite dessert. That is what was going to be.

On Friday afternoon hubby was sounding pretty rough. He felt okay, but his throat was scratchy and he was coughing here and there. Just before bed we both knew he had a cold. Sure enough we got up Saturday morning and he sounded even worse. So I called off our Sunday afternoon feed. It was to be the first time we've seen our great grand baby since she and her mom were released from the hospital. Oh well, what can you do.

Yesterday, before hubby felt under the weather, we went to Babies 'R' Us and got Audi Lynn a bassinet for our home. Our granddaughter, her significant other and baby Audi Lynn are house sitting for us while we're on our cruise next month and they needed something portable for her to sleep in while we are gone. We had fun finding the cutest one we could find with all the bedding. I was hoping they would get to see it today, but that will have to wait for another time.

I'm getting really excited about our cruise on the BC4 and have pretty much everything done for that trip. I'll be getting to meet bloggers that I've known for a very long time. Empress Bee and Sarge Charlie, Barb and Linda (we've met Linda), and Sandy and Dick. Sandy has warned me that she's going to squeeze the stuffing out of me. I'll let you know how that goes.

For Linda who hasn't a clue what islands we are going to see here's the list. Let the folks at work know where you will be and what day. Just saying...

Sunday, February 27, 2011 - Miami, Florida
Monday, February 28, 2011 - Nassau, Bahamas
Tuesday, March 1, 2011 - Fun Day At Sea
Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
Thursday, March 3, 2011 -San Juan, Puerto Rico
Friday, March 4, 2011 - Grand Turk, Turks And Caicos
Saturday, March 5, 2011 - Fun Day At Sea
Sunday, March 6, 2011 - Miami, Florida

Now I just hope I'm not the next one to get sick. Sigh! Well I guess it's better to get sick now than on the cruise. Have a great Sunday everyone.
Share This


  1. Oh, poor Zane. I hope he feels better soon. But it is best to not expose baby Audi Lynn to those yucky germs so cancelling was the best plan, of course.

    Yay! 34 days and counting! Big I'm gonna squeeze the stuffing out of you too hugs :]

  2. Too bad about having to cancel the plans for dinner. Get these colds out of the way now though so that next month you're both healthy for your cruise.

  3. Never been on a cruise, and dreaming to go on one, though I'm not sure if I'm seaworthy.
    Too bad about your BBQ.

  4. Wow, that really sounds like a dreamy cruise. You are going to all the great islands.
    Sorry you couldn't have your BBQ. But bet you can have it at another time.
    Have your self a super Sunday if you can. Take care and get better Zane.

  5. You should have asked me to do the BBQ for you. All you would have to do is enjoy the food. With the cold and snow here I'm in the mood for a road trip.

  6. Hope hubby is feeling better soon and that you don't catch it too. Tell him not to breathe on you! lol

  7. i love grand turk the best. carnival built a wonderful pier there and right at the end is all kinds of things to do and the island is small, you can get a cab to show you all around or rent a golf cart and go yourself, i love that place.

    smiles, bee

  8. I guess it would be better not to get sick at all Sandee!!

    Hope your husband get well soon! and oh..I'm so envy with the cruise and meeting fellow bloggers..:)

  9. Poor, poor Zaney. Smart to cancel the BBQ (that menu sounds right up our alley) so the germs don't get spread around. Sure hope you manage to escape them.

    Yep, real hugs are gonna happen next month for sure. I am sooo excited.

    Big hugs, honey...

  10. Ah, so that's where we're going and how long we'll be at each place! Good to know! I wonder which island is the best spot for me to get my boss' rum?

    I'm sorry to hear that Zane captured a cold and hope he's on his way to recovery. I've always heard it's three days to catch a cold, three days to have it, and then three days for it go away. Let's hope it doesn't decide to linger and stay around with you!

    Oh, and as for Sandy hugging the stuffing out of you, I can vouch that she's an excellent hugger and that's probably pretty darned close to true! Barb also!

  11. So sorry your hubby is feeling bad! Next time, you might want to try Zicam as soon as symptoms appear. It's really worked well for us lately. Wish we were going on the cruise. It will be a blast!

  12. i'm feeling better

  13. It is just rotten to be sick at any time of the year. Your BBQ sounded like so much fun.

    Congrats on the grandbaby! I hope you will post us pictures if you haven't already.

    Your cruise sounds so grand. I am not sure how I feel about the ocean. I have never had the desire to cruise. However, I would love to go to Canada.

  14. Poor hubby, hope he gets well soon. That cruise sounds like it will be awesome. Have a great day Sandee

  15. woohoo cruisin!..sweet!..get well soon to your hubby..achooo!

  16. Hope you don't get sick either. Nothing better to make you feel better though than a good rack of BBQ ribs, :-)

    Speaking of cruising in warm weather ahhhhh, today the high temp is going to be 7 degrees, waaaaaa

  17. Hugs to Zane... I know how that crud feels... not fun. Keep your hands washed and below your waist, Sandee... that will lesson yhour chances of catching it.

  18. BBQ rib feed sounds like it was going to be one hell of a delicious feast, my mouth is watering thinking about it. I caught a cold in December, and they are always a pain, but what can you do apart from take it easy for a few days...hopefully your hubby gets well real soon...

  19. Hope Z is feeling better!
    Mmm. Now I have a hankerin' for some BBQ!
    Hugs to you both!
    And to little Audi Lynn!

  20. Buying baby stuff is the MOST fun...

  21. only three weeks out of my cold from hell, I had plans for today too, and started coughing in the middle of the night and continued til five AM. needless to say my day camp and bike ride in the wildlife preserve did NOT happen. Sorry you missed a chance to snuggle your G-baby. You better get some airborne, just to keep you both chipper for the cruise!

  22. If sickness is going to come - you better get it out of the way before the cruise. Willy will send over some healing moonshine if you need it.

    10-4 Willy

  23. If i could remember, the last time i board a ship was in early 80's and it was horrible because there was a storm. Since then, I never, never board a ship.

    Oh i wish hubby is getting better now, and i am sure you will have a great trip again Sandee.

    Have a great week ahead.

  24. Oh, the best laid plans of mice and men! (Now I'm gonna have to google that phrase 'cause I have no idea where it came from!) I've got some kind of bug but not as bad as Zane - and hope it stays away. I think it's typical sinus junk but I use my Neti pot religiously.
    I know you've loved the warmer/sunny weather - I think of you when the sun comes shining through.
    I wish I could say I'm going on the cruise, too, but alas! 'Tis not to be. I'll live vicariously as I do all of Bee's trips, so take tons of photos!

  25. So sorry Z is sick. But it was the smart thing to do not to expose the wee one to the germs. You'll do it again.

    Give some big hugs to everyone on the cruise for me. I so wish I could go. But you will all have a great time!

  26. I got hungry just reading about your planned barbecue; I hope everyone is now recovered and you get your feed on another day.

    You'll be cruisin', and I'll be down there in SoFL partying away from some old high school chums. I'll think of you on your cruise; be sure to check on me on your way back to see if I need bail money. ;-P


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥