Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ptosis Update

This is not my black eye and this eye looks much better than mine does. The surgery went well, but it wasn't the muscle that was the cause of my droopy eye. It was a stroke to the nerve in my eye that created the droopy eye. He went ahead and tightened the muscle to correct the eye as best he could. We aren't going to know the results until the swelling goes down. I have a slit right now so it's anyone guess how the repair will pan out. I'm hoping for the best, but any improvement will be welcome.

I'm currently using and ice pack for 15 minutes of every waking hour and that will end when I go to bed tonight. No pain today, but yesterday it was hurting. A. Lot. I'm glad I had Tylenol. So all is well and I look exactly as I should. Like I've been run over by a very large truck.
Share This


  1. Wow! Your eye had a stroke? That sounds scarey. I hope have good results with the surgery.

    I can't imagine you with two black eyes. I hope it heals quickly.

    Lots of Hugs and prayers being sent to you.

  2. Oh dear, that doesn't sound good at all but I sure hope that the surgery had will make a difference in your droopy lid.

    Take care and keep us posted!

  3. Goodness! Bless your heart. Prayers being lifted for speedy healing and no loss of vision. I know Zane is taking extra good care of you.

    Big hugs and lotsa lovies.

  4. Oh poor baby - Hope it gets better quickly!

  5. Glad you're home and feeling better today! Hoping you have a speedy recovery and find the results you were hoping for!

  6. Do they have a way to prevent further stroke damage to your eye nerve? This sounds serious.

    Hugs... I know you msut feel and look like crap. I hope this helps fix your issue.

    let Zane baby you for a while. You deserve some TLC.

  7. Sweetie, this is temporary. I just know you'll be good as new in no time at all. Thank you, Zane, for your TLC to our gal.

    Gentle hugs, honey...

  8. Happy to "see" you're all right!


  9. big giant easy hugs honey...

    smiles, bee

  10. A stroke to the nerve sounds rather scary. We'll be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery. Duke sends puppy kisses to help :)

  11. oh sandee, i am so sorry to hear that you are not well. here's wishing you fast recovery... {{{hugsss}}} you are in my thoughts and prayers. please get well soon sweetie.

  12. Oh no I am sorry to hear that Sandee. I hope you feel better and recover soon, good thoughts and prayers coming your way and of course hugs and loves! :)

  13. I've been "offline" for the holidays - very out of touch and missed you were having surgery. Sorry they ran a truck over you while you were on the table... but so glad the pain is much better!!!

  14. Hope you and your eye are back to 100% as soon as possible.

  15. This is SUCH a fib.
    What REEEEAAAALLLLLY happened is this commodore came up to Sandee and said: How do you like my hat? And Sandee, being the honest person she is, said: It looks like a Sting Ray is nesting on your head.
    Well ... the commodore was FURIOUS. Furious I tell you!!! He cocked his arm waaaaaayyyyyy back annnnnnddddd .... grabbed his hat off of his head and FLUNG it into the sea and marched off towards the other end of the ship, fuming. Sandee, shaking all over from the perceived near beating she had just missed, walked off deep in thought and WHAM ... walked right into a ... thingy ... you know ... the thing the sail is tied to. No, not the mast ... The boom? And THAT is how she got her black eye. She was just too embarrassed to tell you.

    heh heh heh

  16. Moral of the story:

    Tell the commodore he looks nice. Regardless.

  17. OK. I made all that up.

    What REEEEEAAALLLLY happened was this. Hubby was stroking her face and he totally poked her in the eye. And he had just been shearing sheep soooooooooo her eye got all infected and here you are.

    A stroke...?

    Sort of!!!

    Form of the word, anyways.

  18. OK. This is what reeeeeeeeaallly happened.
    It happened just like Sandee said it did (pocketing fifty dollar bill) ... really!

    Seriously ... FEEL BETTER! OMG!!!! YOUR POOR EYE!!!!!

    I hope it heals up fabulously and you look like a movie star still and that your eye works terrific~!!! terrifically?!!! I hope your eye is super. Mua! xoxooxoxxooxoxoxoox

    Just sayin'

  19. Wow! Who knew that a single muscle could have it's very own stroke?
    Still, are you sure that black eye didn't come from the charity mud wrestling event down at the club? Just askin'.

  20. Ouch, that sounds scary. Big hugs for a speedy recovery and the results you are expecting. You have to be able to see the water and read the great smiles you share with us each day.

    Much love!

  21. More thoughts and prayers coming your way!
    Hope you heal quickly! You'd hate people to always think you're winking at them! ;-)

  22. I'm so sorry you were in pain! I'm praying that the results will be good.

  23. That looks bad & yours is worse. Poor thing. Hope you make a speedy recovery Sandee

  24. Glad to hear you are doing well. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

    Big Hugs,


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥