Sunday, January 16, 2011

O and P

A family had twin boys whose only resemblance to each other was their looks. Opposite in every way, one was an eternal optimist, the other boy was a gloomy pessimist.

Just to see what would happen, on the boys birthday their father loaded the pessimists room with lots of games and gadgets. The optimists room he loaded with horse dung.

That night the father passed by the pessimists room and found him sitting amid his new gifts with a sorrowful face.

“Why are you sad?” the father asked.

“Because my friends will be jealous, I’ll have to read all these instructions before I can do anything with this stuff, I’ll constantly need batteries, and my toys will eventually get broken.” answered the pessimist boy.

Passing the optimist twin’s room, the father found him dancing for joy in the heap of manure. “What are you so happy about?” he asked.

To which his optimist kid replied, “There must to be a pony in here somewhere, thanks for the gift Father.”
Share This

27 comments:

  1. Hahaha! brilliant, but the smell in here is awful :-)

    Have a peaceful Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'm an optimist, but I don't think poop would do it for me. Just saying.

    Happy Sunday, Sandee! Big hugs :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I try to be optimistic I don't think I could be excited about a room loaded with horse dung for my birthday present :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an optimist, but no horse poo for me... that was funny...

    ReplyDelete
  5. you must always find the good in your situation, even horse poo worked for this kid...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess it's true, not even a steaming pile of crap can cure an optimist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a good story. I think optimism is a lesson that as to be learned. It sure helps in attitude to be optimistic. You make many more friends. Take care Sandee. Hope your week end had been a bunch of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just don't step in it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor guy! Yea, let's play a trick on the good kid and give him horse poop! ha ha! I am the optimist in my house... I would probably look for a pony too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What Sarge Charlie said ... though that kid might be taking optimism to a new extreme for most folks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The real loser in this gift exchange is the mom who will have to clean all this shit up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I have that kind of optimism! :) Have a great day Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As the song says - "Always look on the bright side"

    I'm the optimist, though I'm not sure what I'd do with a room full of poop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha...good one. I am also an optimist, but I might draw the line on a pile of poo:)

    Can't wait to hear about your wonderful w/e. Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  15. and Mom said to Dad, "It's your turn to help Junior clean his room. Here's the dustpan."

    HUGS..

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the optimist may have also been touched with a wee hint of madness...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have to be optimistic when there's shite involved lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Smart kid... he deserves the pony.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm thinking Bearman has the right idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. If you can't find the pony, just how high is that pile?

    ReplyDelete
  21. At least the pessimist won't be disappointed if his toys do eventually break because he expected it anyway. The optomist is in for a real let down.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The optimist will probably just think it's just an invisible pony. Even better!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So true! I have experienced both types of rooms, and the optimist is so much better off!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lol. Wow great definitions of these words. Nice posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥