Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Resolutions

A 2007 study by Richard Wiseman from the University of Bristol involving 3,000 people showed that 88% of those who set New Year resolutions fail, despite the fact that 52% of the study's participants were confident of success at the beginning. Men achieved their goal 22% more often when they engaged in goal setting, (a system where small measurable goals are being set; such as, a pound a week, instead of saying "lose weight"), while women succeeded 10% more when they made their goals public and got support from their friends.

Quoting Frank Ra (author of the new year's resolution book "A course in happiness" ): "Resolutions are more sustainable when shared, both in terms of with whom you share the benefits of your resolution, and with whom you share the path of maintaining your resolution. Peer-support makes a difference in success rate with new year's resolutions". Source: Wikipedia

I've decided to do some new year resolutions. I think I can actually pull these off. This year, I resolve to:

Always replace the gas nozzle
before driving away from the pump.

I will always "check for paper"
when leaving the restroom.

I will try to drive closer to the speed limit.

I will always wear clean underwear, "just in case".

I will keep and extra safe distance
when driving behind police cars.

I will no longer park my BMW
next to fire hydrants.

and never again will I try to diffuse an explosive device
with the help of a known practical joker.
Share This


  1. I resolve not to resolve

  2. I resolve to make 2011 a great year!

  3. good resolves, none for me, i might do all of those! ha ha

    smiles, bee

  4. I think it's safe to say that I could also manage those resolutions, too! Especially the driving 167 miles an hour. Yikes!

    Big hugs :]

  5. LOL--oh my goodness--I had to look twice at some of those!

  6. My first giggle of the day!

  7. I'm pretty sure those would be on my list of resolutions, too, were I to actually do one! And I think I could most definitely keep those, too - especially that last one as I'm not going to diffuse any bombs with or without a practical joker nearby!

    Have a great Sunday, Sandee!

  8. Where did you find those pictures? Those are so funny. I guess no one told that man to wear clean underware.

    I don't think any of those would be a problem. LOL!


    Some great resolutions.

    I have some of those before. I do love the one about the BMW. snerx.

  10. I resolve to keep coming back here every day for my dose of hysterical laughter

  11. Oh boy some of those pictures are scary. The check for paper girl, I guess her friends were too nice to tell her!

    If I had a car, I would make a bigger effort to not get any more speeding tickets! Thankfully I don't need one in London, which saves me from having to pay fines!

  12. I bet the geezer playing Twister with the skidmarked pants won the game, the others probably just fled. pmsl :-)

  13. Those are hysterical. I resolve to take a few more naps. That one won't be hard to keep. I like the clean underwear the best. Too funny. Take care and have a super day.

  14. poor fella pooped his skivees!

  15. I enjoyed these.I'd mostlikely goi to jail for killing the jokester.

  16. Hey Sandee, there are only a couple here that will give you much trouble.
    If you want I won't tell which ones would be hard. I know you won't.
    :) Friends are honest. Friends are ...

  17. the underwear resolution is still making me cringe...peace and happy new year...


  18. lmbooooooooo o yea...maybe I should update my resolutions!!

  19. Sounds like they're fairly easy to keep :)

  20. Now those are resolutions I could live with...if I made resolutions:)

    Big hugs, honey...

  21. Those resolutoins shouldn't be too hard to keep...

  22. I resolve to hit the lotto! Those were great and a happy New Year to you! Hugs and loves!! :)

  23. Hi Sandee!! Happy new year! I am still thinking of my resolutions :) yours made me giggle especially the clean underwear..hehe!!

  24. Yikes that Twister in undies is really grossing me out.

  25. Well, you just never know when that extra gas nozzle might come in handy.

  26. Happy New Year Sandee! Wishing you good health, happiness and success for the new year!

  27. Too funny! Happy New Year, Sandee!

  28. .... pssssst

    I was MARRIED to Twister Undee guy.

  29. soooo .... my resolution is to NEVER marry Twister Undee guys again. lololol

    btw ... Stangman is veerrrryyy clean. Always freshly showered and fabulous.
    We date.
    We argue.
    I resolve to NEVER speak to him again, EVER.
    Somehow he smooths it over with this amazing super power he has to calm me down. How DOES he do that? He has never raised his voice to me EVER ... even when I was really mean.
    We date some more.
    We argue some more.
    He unruffles me again.
    Ad infinatum.
    This has been going on for about seven months now.
    He's kinda growing on me.
    I'm a "hand on thigh" girl. It drives my sister crazy. She thinks it gets me into trouble. OF COURSE IT DOES. Why do you think I'm doing it??? lololol.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥