Thursday, January 27, 2011

MIL Gift

Two guys were talking at work.

"I've got a problem," said the first one.

"What is it?"

"My wife has done it to me again. I'm supposed to buy my mother-in-law a present for her birthday, from the two of us. And I am fresh out of ideas. I mean it's HER mother, why can't she buy it?"

"What did you buy her last year?" the other one asked.

"Last year I bought her a VERY EXPENSIVE cemetery plot."

"Hmmmm, hard to top that one," said the other.

The two guys couldn't come up with anything. So the son-in-law didn't buy his mother-in-law anything for her birthday.

When the big day arrived the next weekend, she was a bit upset. At the family gathering for her birthday, she announced out loud to everyone, "Thank you all for the wonderful gifts. Too bad my daughter and son-in-law weren't so thoughtful!"

Thinking quickly, the son-in-law responded, "Well, you haven't used the gift I gave you last year!"

28 comments:

  1. LOL foot in mouth comes to mind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Steve said! Besides he could have had a win-win if he had bought her a cruise! Silly men!

    One month to go! Woohoo! Big hugs :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that was cold. snerx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She might use it on him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good one.
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed that one but that guy better be careful.Just saying.
    Take care and have a super day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! great comeback!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cold but funny:)

    Have a super day. Big hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah, that's right! ha ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxo



    see you i 30 days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahhahaah! Ungrateful mother-in-law. What a great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe....I love a good mother-in-law joke.
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you make that one up?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have heard that one before. An oldie but a goodie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha ha! From bad to worse!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is the sort of thing I would have loved to have enjoyed saying to my ex-mother in law. A classic...

    ReplyDelete
  16. My M.I.L. was not amused when I said it.




    LOL

    Hugs,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  17. not being a mother in law yet I find that highly amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your blog is first spot I went to when I logged on.
    Always a good choice because I needed a laugh : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. HA! Quick thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL!! Now that man wouldn't need to buy her anything anymore for her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whew, good quick thinking. I envy folks who are so quick witted. My brother is one.

    TGIF!

    TGIF!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ahahahahhahahaha...funny..i wonder if the SIL is using it right now hahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  23. HMMM..my MIL's birthday is next week and I am thinking of sending her this joke today just so she knows I am not forgetting. But, I am a little concerned about the results. Hopefully she can take a joke, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥