Thursday, January 6, 2011

Alzheimer's Test

The following Alzheimer's test was developed as a mental age assessment by the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard University.

Take your time and see if you can read each line aloud without a single mistake.

The average person over 50 years of age cannot do it!

1. This is this cat.

2. This is is cat.

3. This is how cat.

4. This is to cat.

5. This is keep cat.

6. This is an cat.

7. This is old cat.

8. This is fart cat.

9. This is busy cat.

10. This is for cat.

11. This is forty cat.

12. This is seconds cat.

Now go back and read the third word in each line from the top down.
Share This


  1. So, what's the joke?


  2. Barb <---Follows directions and 'takes one for the team'.


    Have a lovely Thursday, Sandee! Big hugs :]

  3. Oh, so now I am an old fart.

  4. Hey I'm an old fart & thanks for keeping me amused. One of my previously deleted blogs was actually called "Old Fart"

  5. well it kept me busy for 40 seconds so thanks!

    smiles, bee

  6. I'm 48 and soooo screwed.... Yikes!

  7. Here I thought I was doing all right and it turns out I am an old fart. Oh well, I knew that anyway. It was a fun 40 seconds. Hope your eye is all better Sandee. Take care

  8. LOL! I hope you eyes are doing better. Have a great day.

  9. At least I now know what that smell is, it's me an old fart!

  10. screwed royally.
    have a great day!

  11. I did it soooooo good the first time I didn't have to repeat a third of them!

    Mrs. Jim has had that surgery. It took real good. For a little while it seemed exagerated but no more.
    I do hope you are feeling well about it now. And you yourself have recouperated.

  12. I failed, should I worry ?

  13. Ahem. I beg your pardon...27 seconds. Thank you.

  14. I'm to busy to spare forty seconds reading this.

  15. Who can count up to 40 eh?..lmbooo

  16. First, you gave us an eye test and now this. Keep this up and I'll have had a complete physical by the end of the month. Just sayin'.

  17. I failed miserably and I'm not even close to 50. I suppose it could be worse, at least I have my looks lol...

  18. Where's my dunce cap?!

    Have a super day. Big hugs, honey...

  19. Ha only took me 30 seconds, so I must not be that nuts yet, right Helen? Oops I mean Henry.

    Dawg nabbit, what blog is this again??

    Oh yeah, the BIG HUG blog :-)

  20. Duke does not allow me to read about cats :) That's my story and I'm sticking to it

  21. Oh ha ha! I was so proud of myself for reading it correctly too!

  22. It took me a minute and a half.

  23. I had more fun reading the 4th word of every sentence.

  24. Oh thank goodness as I was failing this test miserably!

  25. LOL I remember a variation on this joke from when I was a kid! At the end you got the mark to read this list of words backwards and it said, "Look how long I got this dope to talk about train train train train train....

    It was always one of my favorites!


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥