Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sunday's Hymns

A minister decided to do something a little different one Sunday morning.

He said, "Today, in church, I am going to say a single word and you are going to help me preach. Whatever single word I say, I want you to sing whatever hymn that comes to your mind."

The pastor shouted out, "CROSS" and immediately the congregation started singing in unison, "THE OLD RUGGED CROSS."

The pastor hollered out, "GRACE." The congregation began to sing, "AMAZING GRACE, how sweet the sound."

The pastor said, "POWER." The congregation sang, "THERE IS POWER IN THE BLOOD."

The Pastor said, "SEX" and the congregation fell into total silence.

Everyone was in shock. They all nervously began to look around at each other, afraid to say anything.

Then all of a sudden, way from in the back of the church, a little old 87-year-old grandmother stood up and began to sing, "PRECIOUS MEMORIES."

Stolen from: Willy of Hillbilly Willy
Share This

26 comments:

  1. LOL--I just got a great head picture of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny old lady:)

    Sending warm hugs from Jawjah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. An oldie but goodie. Always make me laugh... Have a great day, Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, that is so cute. What a great story and very funny.
    Thanks for the laugh this morning.
    Hope you have a fun day Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehehehe...
    those were the good ol' days.LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can almost imagine that happening that here at my home church.
    Merry Christmas : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL...good one today. I just hope it won't really be that way. that is if we make it that long!
    Hugs,
    Jackie:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep that sounds about right. precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Funny as usual. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's someone to be admired for her wit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought she should have sang Bob Hope's theme song, "Thanks for the memories".

    ReplyDelete
  12. precious memories...lol too funny

    ReplyDelete
  13. There'll always be someone with an answer ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved this! I laughed so hard! In fact I'm singing precious memories...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I know how she feels.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bwahahahahaha...funny old lady.

    Thanks for the laugh Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can just imagine that as i read it LOL

    Leaves blog whistling memories :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can just imagine the looks on everyone's faces

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandee. We just now finished up getting the new page ready for the Christmas hop. I added you as my partner.

    I said in honor of Chloe's first Christmas and your first great grandchild we are hosting this blog hop.

    If you have a picture of your grandkids you would like for me to add...please email to me and I will add a frame around them and add them to the page also.

    Whewwww...been at this for about 5 hours now....everything kept getting deleted.

    I hope you like it and I would love to post a picture for you also!!

    Check it out when you can.
    Hugs,
    Jackie:-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad you made that woman be 87. Otherwise I would have worried.
    ..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥