Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve

"Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to."
Bill Vaughn

"An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves."
Bill Vaughn

"The proper behavior all through the holiday season is to be drunk. This drunkenness culminates on New Year's Eve, when you get so drunk you kiss the person you're married to."
P.J. O'Rourke

"Now there are more overweight people in America than average-weight people. So overweight people are now average. Which means you've met your New Year's resolution."
Jay Leno

"A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other."

"It wouldn't be New Year's if I didn't have regrets."
William Thomas

"The only way to spend New Year's Eve is either quietly with friends or in a brothel. Otherwise when the evening ends and people pair off, someone is bound to be left in tears."
W.H. Auden

"Happiness is too many things these days for anyone to wish it on anyone lightly. So let's just wish each other a bileless New Year and leave it at that."
Judith Crist

"Matt and I have set a date. Matt and I will tie the knot New Years Day in the town of Swampscott, Massachusetts. Reserve your hotel rooms now. I will be having a gay marriage."
Ben Affleck

"New Year's Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time."
James Agate
Share This


  1. I lyke the larst wun. Darn thowse tym waysting fools!!!

  2. Good ones.. Especially good knowing I've already met my resolution...which I never made.

    Happy New Year to you and Zane, Sandee! Big hugs xoxoxo

    and smooches from Gracie =^..^=

  3. Happy New year to you Sandee. Hope it is a terrific year for you. Have yourselves a super time tonight. Take care.

  4. happy new year to you and zane honey! all the best in 2011 and we'll see you both soon!

    smiles, bee

  5. I'll second the one by William Thomas
    there. That's why this phrase came across my mind "another last years."
    (What the heck...)
    Anyway, happy new year, everybody!

  6. What a great way to finish 2010.

    Very inspirational, and funny, too.

    Thanks for continuing to enlighten your faithful readers.

    May your new year bring you health, happiness and prosperity, Commodore.

    I salute you.

  7. Have a brilliant New Year Sandee and try not to slur lol :-)

  8. Just remember what a great Chicagoan once said. "When I sell liquor, it's called bootlegging; when my patrons serve it on Lake Shore Drive, it's called hospitality." - Al Capone

    Have a Happy New Year!

  9. Happy New year to you both!

  10. Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account. - Oscar Wilde

  11. A big Happy New Year to you both from a warm New York, now how about that?

    Big HUG and sneaking in a New Years kiss too lol

  12. Those are good ones. I like the Jay Leno's.
    Duke and I wish you and your husband a PAWsome New Year.

  13. Happy New Year!!! Perfect post to end the year. Hugs from Connecticut.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥