Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's All About Ferd

Tonight hubby and I are going to meet and have dinner with another blogger. That blogger is Dr. Ferd Crotte, author of The Best Parts and his lovely wife Princess Gail. They are staying in San Francisco for several days and we've agreed to meet at Encinal Yacht Club for dinner. Here's Ferd's 'It's All About Me' on his other blog Crazy Medical Cases.
My family came from Mexico to the USA when I was 6 years old. I wish I had a great story like swimming across the Rio Grande, or dodging the border patrol, but it was all good. With my devoted parents and 2 brothers, we managed to keep the language and the culture alive, and passed it down to my 4 amazing children. Viva la raza!

If I were to edit my own tags (only the positives, of course):

friendly, good natured, smart, athletic, football, track, music, guitar, class officer, rugby, alcohol, good student, medical school, stress, hard working, married mostly happily for 25 years, more stress, good father, running, swimming, bicycling, triathlon, fantasy football, addiction, divorce, recovery, strong, independent, outside the box, capable, effective, creative, boundaried, warm, helpful, dependable, rebuilding, prepared, committed, remarried, autism, Make-A-Wish, often happy, optimist, golf, sometimes serene, tend to be too wordy.

You can check my ex’s blog for my negatives!

I’ve been blessed. My life is quite satisfying, and I’m grateful. My children are grown and are doing very well in their chosen paths. I’ve learned a lot of stuff in The School of Hard Knocks, Boyfriend School, and Husband School. I’m still learning. I am very happily remarried to a person who shares my values and interests, and accepts me with my wrinkles. I enjoy good health. I have a roof over my head and food on the table. I love my work most of the time. What more could I ask?

We are looking forward to a great time. Stand by for an additional post on our meeting.
Share This


  1. I look forward to it.

  2. I noticed that more and more bloggers are starting to meet in person. Thanks for sharing your experience. Anna :)

  3. It sounds like great fun. I hope the weather is great and the food cooked to perfection.

    They sound like a fun couple to have dinner with!

    Hey if we get out that way, maybe you and Zane can meet us at the local truck joking.

    We want to go to the yacht club too. Do they provide valet parking for vehicles 80 ft. long?

    Have a great day!
    Jackie xoxo:-)

  4. I'll have to check out his medical blog. I love medical stories....

  5. I just noticed he went to medical school in Toledo where I grew up. Tell him hello!

  6. Awesome! How very lucky they are to meet you and Z.

  7. i love meeting bloggers! have fun honey!

    smiles, bee

  8. I love meeting bloggers! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    Big hugs, honey...soon..........

  9. Sandee and Zane,

    What a wonderful treat it was to meet both of you last night! The club was spectacular, dinner delicious, but more importantly, the chance to spend some time together was a treasure! You are truly beautiful people! We had a lovely time! Thank you!

    We didn't bring our computers to SF, so I'll have to wait a few days to post on it.

    I bet there will be some jealous bloggers out there. How many people can say they've gotten a "Big Hug" IRL?!

    Peace and hugs to you both!

  10. Ferd and Gail - We too had a wonderful time and am so happy that we've finally met another blogging buddy. I'll get over to Gail's site today.

    We are also happy that you could join us for dinner at one of our favorite places. Dinner was indeed wonderful, the view of the estuary was grand, but the company was the absolute best.

    Thanks for the gifts from home. I'll write about them in my upcoming post.

    Big hugs to you both. Zane and Sandee

  11. Sandee, how wonderful to meet Ferd and his wife, Gail. From what I have read, I think they are terrific folks.

    How lucky for them to have enjoyed your company.

    I love it when I get to meet bloggy friends.

  12. In regards to Ferd's comment above, I am happy to say that "I" can say that I've had a "Big Hug" IRL several times and that I'll be getting at least another one or two in February!

    I bet you had an absolutely fantastic time! How could you not have, right?!?

  13. Sounds like fun, have a great time. I would love to be able to meet some of the people I've gotten to know through blogging


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥