Tuesday, December 7, 2010

COW Ceremony

It was an exciting night for a bunch of us as many moved up a chair in rank and we have a whole bunch of new directors this year. It should be a fun year and I'm going to do everything I can to make it a fun year. There is work to do, but we can have fun getting the work done too.

Here are the six officers taking the oath of office. Commodore, Vice Commodore, Rear Commodore, Port Captain, Treasurer and Secretary. All the folks standing in back of and to the right of these folks are the directors.


Commodore Sandee and Hubby
(click on any picture to biggify,
once it opens click again to biggify even more!)





Last year I won the Vice Commodore's Perpetual Trophy for Merit award and guess who won this year? Yes, hubby took the trophy this year. I was the chair of this committee and I was given hubbies name late July. I've kept this a secret since then. It wasn't easy. Well deserved too. He is not only our club secretary, he's also the editor of our by-monthly newsletter, the club photographer and one of two club historians. He's also helped me every step of the way the last three years. I am so proud of him.



One last thing. The picture of Lucy Anthony in her IOBG uniform could use some explanation. The International Order of the Blue Gavel is by invitation only. The prerequisite is that you have to be a past commodore in good standing to be invited. Our outgoing commodore was asked to join the IOBG at the end of the evening. He has accepted. It was a great touch to a very fun evening.
Share This

25 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Commodore Sandee! Congratulations Zane, too, for the award and all your many hats! That looks like it was quite an evening!

    And may I say you two are quite the smart-looking couple! So happy, vital and busy enjoying life! As it should be!

    Big hugs :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am so glad you posted photos! And BTW--You two make a wonderful couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my hat's off to you, commodore sandee. :) you look lovely in these pictures. you and hubby are a perfect pair and your smiles show how proud you are of each other. i am so happy for you, my friend.

    again, congratulations!

    a BIG {{{HUG}}} for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Commodore Sandee! tell me will Zane have to salute you now, just asking.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yout two are so cute together! Love it! Congrats to you both! I know it was an awesome night. I can tell by your smiles. Hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are such terrific pictures. Congratulations to you and your hubby for all the wonderful things you have accomplished. Nice to meet you Commodore. What an honor that much be. Looks like a really fun night. Take care and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so now you can drive the ship in february! congratulations to both of you! i am so proud! and you are the cutest one too! ha ha ha see you soon!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big congrats to you BOTH! Wow. Love seeing all the smiling faces.

    Brr hugs from snowy Mayberry...(yes, it just started)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I Was hoping for a formal affair - y'all look so gorgeous in tuxes and gowns!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a happy looking group and decidedly so! Congratulations to both you and Zane as well as to everyone else in your club for their merits and achievements!

    I am not surprised at all at Zane's win though I'm pretty sure I'd have had a hard time sitting on that secret since July, too. That would have been a tough one!

    Now let the fun begin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Sandee. I did have tears in my eyes until I read Bee's remark about you driving the ship.

    You and Zane just look marvelous. Everyone does. I am so very happy for both of you.

    I am thrilled to death to see the photos. I have been waiting.

    I am also so proud to know you and call you friend even if it is a long distance friendship.

    I must say they couldn't have picked a better person.

    Big big hugs,
    Jackie:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Commodoore Sandee (or as an ex-Navy bloke I should say Ma'am) sounds very official, . Congratulations & another congrats to hubby too for his trophy win

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Commodore. May you have smooth sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. woohoo congrads girly.Y'all look amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure it will be a fantastic year with you as Commodore .. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's awesome.

    (sorry, can't say anything that's already said before, really.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks to have been a most excellent evening Commodore Sandee :) Congrats to your husband also on the trophy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like 10-4 Willya fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations to you both! So very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the pictures! Congratulations to the both of you!
    Sounds like they couldn't do without you guys either. That trophy is huge!
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats to both of you! You look so smart in your suit!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations to both of you. Your smile made me smile too.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm sure that if you're involved, it will be a fun year for everyone. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats all around! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥