Tuesday, December 28, 2010

About the Movies

What Movies Have Taught Us

All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices, which have large red read-outs to tell you exactly when it will go off.

Should you need to pass yourself off as a German officer it will not be necessary to speak the language, a convincing accent will do.

All apartments in Paris overlook the Eiffel tower.

Most lap top computers are powerful enough to override a bank security system or the communication system of an invading alien civilization.

Every single person in martial arts Film has a black belt in karate.

When staying in a haunted house, women should investigate any strange noises in their most revealing underwear.

1 man shooting at 20 men has more chance of hitting them than 20 men shooting at 1 man if he is the hero.

During a police investigation it will be necessary to visit a strip joint at least once.

Large studio-type apartments in big cities are affordable by single people with a low wage.

The entire British population lives in London.

It doesn't matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a martial arts fight; your enemies will attack you one at a time while the others dance around you menacingly.

In musicals everyone you meet in the street will know all the words to the songs and the steps to the dances.

When captured by an evil international terrorist, guns are not necessary to defeat them, sarcasm and wisecracks are your best weapons.

Stolen from: Sometimes Saintly Nick of Nick's Bytes
Share This


  1. #12 Doesn't work, it is a lie!!!
    I have walked through the city centre with my ipod blaring in my ears & singing along. Not realising how loudly till people give me odd looks. No-one joined in or danced with me...

  2. LOL @ Tony.

    I was watching a movie that they were examining a bullet that was supposedly shot from a gun and it still had the casing and primer with it! I busted out laughing... that's reality....

  3. oh man. Buzzkill. You mean none of that is true? I had to laugh at the karate movie tidbits. My brother is a third degree and I must have seen every 90s karate movie that exists with him. Good times, thanks for the memories this morning. :)

  4. those are good. #7 I've commented on quite often. It's amazing how bad a shot the bad guys are. You would have thought they would have trained them better in villain school

  5. yes that's right. makes perfect sense to me!

    smiles, bee

  6. The person most likely to help our hero in a spy movie will be from the opposite side and of the opposite sex...and she will look like Halle Berry! Just sayin'.

  7. They happen in MOVIES! Hahahaha!
    As a movie fanatic, this post entertained me so much! LOL

  8. #7 has always amazed me as I've just never figured out how so many people can be such bad shots!

    Have a nice Tuesday, Sandee!

  9. Way to burst my bubble. I totally that that was all true.

    Have a wonderful day, Sandee! Big hugs :]

  10. I know this is but a bust on the film industry, but even more interesting are the number of folk which believe it!

  11. Ohhhhh, this is sooooooooooooo wrong on sooooooooooooooo many levels. #1 of Spectre here -- yes, I hijacked some poor yutz's Google identity, 'cuz it's ridiculously easy -- and I am a graduate, alumni, and pHd of the Villian's Global Academy of DoBaddom. Located in sunny *redacted*, VGADB strenuously challenges the wealth and bad breath of the assertions in this post. Our graduates have no peers when it comes to aiiyeeeeeeeeeeeeee *TWHACK*, shooting, garotting, knifing, use of explosives, particle beams, or WMD flatulence in elevators, and that is backed by a 100% guarantee that if we don't accomplish our 'end of the world' objectives, your next movie sequel costs as much as the first one did. So there. Phffft.

  12. Never thought about all that before but it is all true. Why do we watch all these silly movies??
    Have a terrific day.

  13. It has been my contention that the good guys are ace marksmen at the start of the movie. Then during the expensive chase scene they can't hit anything. That always chaps me.

  14. #13 is true! Wisecracks and sarcasm are very powerful!

  15. Lol! A good laugh is a nice way to start the day. #13 is also my favorite, especially in movies from the 60's.

    Art of RetroCollage's last blog ...Wholly Holiday Assemblage: Bergdorf Goodman’s Phantasmagorical Window Montages


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥