Sunday, November 28, 2010

Rough Year

But not everyone is as lucky as I am...

The economy is so bad that I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail.

I ordered a burger at Burger King, and the kid behind the counter asked, "Can you afford fries with that?"

CEO's are now playing miniature golf.

If the bank returns your check marked "Insufficient Funds," you have to call them and ask if they mean you or them .

Hot Wheels and Matchbox stocks are trading higher than GM.

Burger King is selling the 1/4 'ouncer'.

Parents in Beverly Hills and Malibu are firing their nannies and learning their children's names.

A truckload of Americans was caught sneaking into Mexico .

Motel Six won't leave the light on anymore.

The Mafia is laying off judges.

Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen.

Congress says they are looking into the Bernard Madoff scandal. Oh Great!! The guy who made $50 Billion disappear is being investigated by the people who made $1.5 Trillion disappear!

And, finally...

I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, wars, jobs, my savings, Social Security, retirement funds, and our bleak future, that I called the Suicide Lifeline and was connected to a call center in Pakistan . When I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck.

Stolen from Hale McKay of It Occurred To Me
Share This


  1. Some of these are more truth than funny. And that's the funny part. Or is that the scary part?

  2. I am not sure if I am supposed to be snickering or not.
    Thanks for the giggle anyway.

    Everytime I feel bad about our financial stress I remember people who live on less then $1 a day.

  3. I'm with Mattie... They are a little too close to the truth.

    Do you think the kid at Burger meant can I afford the money or the fat and calories?

    Have a terrific day, Sandee! Big hugs :]

  4. At least Madoff had something to show for his efforts. Congress can make money disappear and actually look like they never had any to start with.

  5. If nothing else at least we can still laugh at our misfortune :) I think I got one of those pre declined credit card applications just the other day

  6. I just don't get the credit card applications. Those are all very funny I think but the sad thing is that they are true. What else can we do but laugh.
    Have a great Sunday. Stay warm.

  7. oish scary but oh so spot on!..HOPE ya had a fabulous holiday weekend..I'm still

  8. I love the learning their children's names!!!!

  9. Ah, but things are getting better ... aren't they??

    Hope you and Zane are having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

  10. We've gotta laugh at the situation, since we can't do anything about what congress does TO us.

    Enjoy your Sunday. Big hugs, honey...

  11. yeah, we have "change"!

    smiles, bee

  12. that's funny and saly true at the same time.

  13. 1/4 Ouncer!!! Ha Ha Love it so much I'm almost tempted to go & ask for one. Here in Australia they sell a double 1/4 pounder... Shouldn't it be called a 1/2 pounder???

  14. This has me laughing out loud...I have to laugh to keep from crying!! One of your all time best, in my opinion!!
    Big hugs,

  15. OMG! That was friggin hilarious. This was one of my favorites: "Parents in Beverly Hills and Malibu are firing their nannies and learning their children's names."

    Thanks so much for the laugh. Excuse me, but I must go deposit all the pennies I received for UNICEF when Trick or Treating as a morbidly obese ten year old.

  16. Bahahahaha those are great. Hope you had a awesome weekend Sandee loves and hugs :)

  17. As always, Sandee, thanks for the chuckle! They were all pretty funny!

  18. THese were good. Hope you had a lovely weekend. Its monday again. Time to hit teh road for work.

  19. And now Wikileaks...

    We're going to Texas anyway Saturday to come;-)

  20. The scary truths.... it's not any different in my country.

  21. seems to be Not Good but Funny...


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥