Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veterans Day

We have enjoyed the redneck jokes for years. It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country and God. If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up. Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit -- that's what rednecks are made of. I hope I am one of those. If you feel the same, pass this on to your redneck friends. Y'all know who ya are!

You might be a redneck if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, 'One nation, under God.'

You might be a redneck if: You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

You might be a redneck if: You still say ' Christmas' instead of 'Winter Festival.'

You might be a redneck if: You bow your head when someone prays.

You might be a redneck if: You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.

You might be a redneck if: You treat our armed forces veterans with great respect, and always have.

You might be a redneck if: You've never burned an American flag, nor intend to.

You might be a redneck if: You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You might be a redneck if: You respect your elders and raised your kids to do the same.

You might be a redneck if: You'd give your last dollar to a friend.

God Bless the USA!

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

IN GOD WE TRUST!

Hat tip: Tammy D.

29 comments:

  1. Guess I'm a "Redneck" then. I'm proud to be an American (very blessed) and and love the patriotic songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a redneck! (salute!)

    Thanks to our veterans and those who support them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A salute to all of the Veterans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. damn, i might be a redneck, thank you for what you do for America

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appear to be a hard core redneck...and I'm proud of it!

    God bless our veterans and all our troops.

    Big hugs, Sandee...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still stand in awe of that "Greatest Generation", the children of the depression, who saved the world from tyranny and Nazism during WWII. They were rednecks to the core, and we are better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang. I'm sure a Redneck! Happy Veteran's Day! God bless our veterans, our troops and the USA.

    Big hugs :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and I just love that last line... feel free to stand in front of them.

    Right on, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am definitely a Redneck. Shoot I can't even listen to our National anthem without tearing up.

    Great way to celebrate the day Sandee!!

    Hugs:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll join the troops of Rednecks. Very good choice for Veterans Day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like I should be proud to be a redneck! Great post, I love the last line about standing in front of the vets if you don't stand behind them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great people!
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i've always said if i ever need help i want a redneck around! they are tits!!!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. WEll guess I am a Redneck, that is for sure. Might as well be, I am surrounded by them where I live. Those were terrific sayings. Take care and Happy Veterans day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. While I practice and believe in most of the things in that list, I am not, nor ever have been, a red neck. It is a pejorative term...I try not to use those either.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Veterans Day! Thank you to all that have served our nation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Grace - We rednecks don't feel belittled if we are called a redneck. Just saying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so proud to be an American and for everything that it stands for.

    Thanks for your kind words. Spammers are the worst, aren't they?

    Big hugs,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to agree about standing in front of them.During the Veit Nam war I wish there were a lot that would have.Especially the one that spat one me for wearing my AF Blues during a visit home.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have a great day Sandee!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everyone has good and bad within them. Your brain is cognizant of that fact and if you choose to go with the good, then you are a redneck – or moron!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Who the hell am I kidding??? Lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do red necks yell, "Hoo Rah!"?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pretty sure I'm a Redneck! Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm proudly a Redneck. I'm gald I had my sunglasses at our Veteran's Day Salute this morning. I was tearing up a lot. Thank you Veterans for my freedoms.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am definitely a redneck, even if it is a "perjorative..." Good grief.
    We are blessed as a nation, and we have so many to thank.
    ~~~Blessings~~~

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm proud to be an American! I think most REAL AMERICANS would say "amen' to each and every one of the redneck's creed articles.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amen.

    I am proud to be a redneck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥