Saturday, November 27, 2010

Famous Quotes

"I'm convinced that today the majority of Americans want what those first Americans wanted: a better life for themselves and their children; a minimum of government authority.

Very simply, they want to be left alone in peace and safety to take care of the family by earning an honest dollar and putting away some savings. This may not sound too exciting, but there is something magnificent about it. On the farm, on the street corner, in the factory and in the kitchen, millions of us ask nothing more, but certainly nothing less, than to live our own lives according to our values -- at peace with ourselves, our neighbors and the world." Ronald Reagan, 1976

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." Aristotle

"Efficiency of state governments is impaired as they relinquish and turn over to the federal government responsibilities which are rightly theirs." Calvin Coolidge

“Deficits mean future tax increases, pure and simple. Deficit spending should be viewed as a tax on future generations, and politicians who create deficits should be exposed as tax hikers.” - Ron Paul

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan
Share This


  1. Boy howdy, I miss Ronnie. Don't look now, but I think we might be a nation going under.

    Big hugs, Sandee :]

  2. There may have been plenty of people who didn't care for Ronald Reagan but he at least knew how to talk the talk and he was right on the money with those quotes.

  3. well said! and too bad for us now, sigh...

    smiles, bee

  4. Those are some great quotes and Oh so true. Too bad no one gets it now. Hope everyone has a super week end.

  5. I am with you on these quotes.

    Have a great weekend.

  6. Unfortunately, I don't believe the majority of Americans share Mr. Reagan's ideals any longer. Instead, the believe it is the government's responsibility to provide them with the "American Dream". And yes, we are a nation going under.

  7. I was just able to vote when President Reagen was running for office.

    I was very very involved in his campaign and reminded true to his beliefs until my most recent political debacle.

    How I could have been so mis-lead I have not a clue. But, I was and of course, I didn't listen.

    Oh brother you can bet your britches I am back and thinking straight now though!!

    I am also reminded of a very famous author and book, I can never remember the title...perhaps someone will come along and remember.

    But, it is where to make everyone equal then all of the healthy and bright stars in the world are handicapped, in some way, so they are no better or worse than anyone else.

    This is definitely not the way to go. When the deceiver comes knocking at your door, as he did mine, even some of the best of us can be fooled and I was!!

    But, no longer. I see the true light and I am back on the correct path. And I shall fight as hard as ever to correct the mistakes I made as did millions!!

    Great post Sandee!!
    have a great day and of course big big hugs!
    Jackie xoxox:-)

  8. Oh, the Gipper. No matter what he said, he was entertaining, correctamundo?

  9. "There you go again." My favorite Regan quote. Though I am not a Regan fan. My political views lie in the center, leaning left to tie my shoelace, which has broken because it was made in China.

    Frankly, I think all politicians suck because all of them are being leased by lobbyists.

  10. Have to totally agree with Lauren, except for one thing, the lobbyists are owned, leased sounds like somehow they will someday come back in reusable condition. ;-)

    BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  11. Seems to me that people used to be a whole heck of a lot smarter!

  12. Hi Sandee ~~ I agree with all but Ron Paul. The horse is out, too late to close the door till we get him back in.
    That means pay off our deficit, cut spending, save up for a rainy day, AND THEN cut taxes.
    ♥ ♥ ♥ you have a terrific day too! ♥ ♥ ♥

  13. Brilliant quotes.

    Have a super day. Big hugs, honey...

  14. Thanks for posting, we all need to be reminded sometimes


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥