Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Deal

A teenage boy had just passed his driving test and inquired of his father as to when they could discuss his use of the car.

His father said he'd make a deal with his son: 'You bring your grades up from a 'C' to a 'B' average, study your Bible a little, and get your hair cut. Then we'll talk about the car.'

The boy thought about that for a moment, decided he'd settle for the offer, and they agreed on it.

After about six weeks his father said, 'Son, you've brought your grades up and I've observed that you have been studying your Bible, but I'm disappointed you haven't had your hair cut.

The boy said, 'You know, Dad, I've been thinking about that, and I've noticed in my studies of the Bible that Samson had long hair, John the Baptist had long hair,
Moses had long hair...and there's even strong evidence that Jesus had long hair.'

To this his father replied, 'Did you also notice they walked everywhere they went?'

Hat tip: Babs of Beetle's Memories 'n' Ramblings
Share This


  1. Precisely. When will kids learn that their parents are smarter than them and one must never argue with them.... and expect to win.

    Big hugs :]

  2. As Bill Cosby once said, "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out of it."
    Note to teen: The hair will grow back.

  3. LOL--what a quick witted dad! Good one.

  4. Fathers/mothers didn't just fall off that turnip truck. At least with age comes a bit of wisdom. And more insurance.

    Big hugs, honey...

  5. Good job Dad, still one step ahead of the kid. We liked that one a lot. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We are so thankful to have you as a friend.

  6. My oldest son turned 16 just this past monday, and I sent along this post to him.
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving !

  7. i love a reasoning dad!

    smiles, bee

  8. Smart dad! Can't blame the boy for trying?

    Big Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving,

  9. that was funny!!!

  10. Poor kid! ;)


  11. Hi Sandee!
    Being a Dad, that really brings a lot of thinking to me. I am the one tutoring my kid. :)

    Happy Thanksgiving! Have a great one! Take care!

  12. never try and outsmart a parent. It's just gonna happen :)

  13. A father always has a good come back.

  14. Amen!

    The picture that you used for this reminds me of a book of Bible stories that we had when I was a kid with this exact same picture. Wow, did they take me back!

    Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow - hope it's happy and healthy!

  15. Sounds like the boy would still be walking at Willy's house.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you Sandee.

    10-4 Willy

  16. I saw this one before. Never try to outsmart a wise dad.

  17. I'd get a hair cut for a car.

    Happy Thanksgiving..

  18. Moses should've told all the Israelites to cut their hair. Driving around the wilderness in air conditioned cars for 40 years would've been a lot more comfortable

  19. nyahaahahaa...the dad is still smarter than the son hahahaha

    have a great day Sandee.

  20. Ah, a post with a lesson.

  21. Yep, I could see my Dad doing the same thing to me.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥