Wednesday, October 13, 2010

San Pablo Bay

Yesterday I posted about the superyacht Octopus and today I want to share with you our kind of boating. Here are four of the six vessels that went to the bay. We have Time Out, Holy Moly, Sport 'n' Wood and Our Destination.

Our vessel Anewatee and the commodores Delta Bear didn't make this shot. All of our boats range from 32' to 38'. We were in San Pablo Bay heading for the San Rafael Yacht Club.

We don't have a crew (like Octopus) and we do all the work ourselves. We wouldn't have it any other way either. When we get ready to dock I'm on the bow doing all the lines and fenders. Most of the time we stern into the docks so the boats are stacked together side by side. Once all the boats are docked the party begins. We have cocktails, food and just hang out. Often the guys play poker and the girls play quarters. Well until it's time to dress for dinner. The objective is to eat our way through the bay. We always do a great job. We were gone 1.5 weeks and gained 4 pounds. I'm sure I can do better than this on our Carnival Cruise next February.

Boating is lots of work, but it's also lots of fun. There's nothing quite like being on the water.
Share This

18 comments:

  1. Your kind of boating does sound like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your kind of boating is tons of fun, but I'm more of a 'Pontoon boat around the lake' kinda gal... and big cruise ships, of course!

    Just 4 pounds? Have a cookie, honey!

    Big hugs :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can see that was one great holiday for you. happy to know that you had fun, sandee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is quite a parade. What fun that must be. The cocktail hour sounds like fun and then lots of food. I just need to come with you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great time you had with your friends. That looks like so much fun. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your kind of boating sound like our kind of RVing... isn't it fun?????

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Eating your way through the Bay" is all good! :)
    I don't remember eating anything bad on 'the Bay.'
    ..
    BTW, I was xxx-xxx years old when I had my first corn dog on a peer there on 'the Bay.' I wish I could remember which one. I stayed for a month in '64.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. He had a wonderful time Darlin
    zily

    ReplyDelete
  10. That much heavier, lol. That's sounds like a fun trip. Been on the cruise once, but I am not big fan of the water. I like ground, ground and ground, lol. Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The objective is to eat our way through the bay.

    That cracked me up! sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That really sounds like so much fun. 4 pounds doesn't sound too bad. You can take it back off, right?

    Have a wonderful week Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoooo Hoooo!!!! Photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you will walk so much on the ship you won't gain any weight!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. You don't need a crew when you have a cabin boy like Zane to tend to your every wish!

    Looks like a lot of fun so far though I'm afraid I might be a little seasick along the way; the only place I've ever gotten seasick is California now that I think about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥