Monday, October 18, 2010

Time To Retire

There are three signs of old age. The first is your loss of memory. You forget the other two.

When you don't care where your spouse goes, just as long as you don't have to go along.

When work is a lot less fun - and fun is a lot more work.

When the girls at the office start confiding in you.

When it takes longer to rest than to get tired.

When you have stopped growing at both ends, and have begun to grow in the middle.

When you realize that caution is the only thing you care to exercise.

When you wake up with that morning-after feeling, and you didn't do anything the night before!

When you lean over to pick something up off the floor, you ask yourself if there is anything else you need to do while you are down there.

Stolen from: Hale McKay of It Occurred To Me
Share This


  1. I'm doomed! Enjoy your week!

  2. What ^she said. Doubled-dog-doomed!

    Although when I lean over to pick something up and look for anything else that needs doing while I'm there, I prefer to refer to that as multi-tasking. Just saying.

    Big hugs :]

  3. Oh thanks for the advice. I guess I'm not quite ready to retire after all. I'm not this far gone yet!

  4. And then while I'm down on the floor looking for the earring that I think I dropped, I suddenly remember I can't find my car keys I misplaced while reaching for the butter in the fridge.

    So, I run to the kitchen, open the fridge, and find my car keys buried in the tub of Mazola. Then I suddenly remember that I neglected to pick up something from the floor. But which floor and what I neglected to pick up is a mystery.

    I guess it's time to retire.

  5. I was laughing at the office girls comment. I was down in the laundry area talking to two neighbors. One female and the other mail. And he's just chatting away like one of us girls! he was doing laundry and repairing a worn out sweatshirt. He was cracking jokes about a sewing bee...

    Thanks for the smile!

    yep, I'm headed down that road...

  6. I'm not old! You are just too young!

  7. My brother was saying the exact same stuff yesterday and he is only 57! And he meant every word - no joke!

  8. Screw the Golden Years! This is sooo not funny in sooo many ways, but it is still funny. If you follow that logic:)

    Big hugs, honey...

  9. I am just thankful that I woke up today!

  10. Oh my that sounds just like me. I have trouble remembering what my name is.You just have to make the best of what you have left. You know perfectly well, that what doesn't hurt, doesn't work. Not referring to you Sandee. Take care.

  11. I realize I am not old...!
    have a great day!

  12. i can relate. to all of it! ha ha

    smiles, bee

  13. This is way too funny!
    Hope you are having an amazing day.

    Big Hugs,

  14. Well if this is all true then I am definitely ready to retire :) I believe I'll take this list to work with me and show it to the

  15. Once I get to the floor I just stay there...

  16. Ohhhhhhhhhhh yeah, Speedy can Eye dent tee fie!

    Hi Sandee !!!!!!!! (( smooootch ))

  17. bwahahaha i had a similar post a few weeks ago and this still made me laugh! lmao!

  18. "When the girls at the office start confiding in you." Yep, I feel like everyone's Momma sometimes.

    Have a wonderful week Sandee!

  19. Gee, I'm guessing it's time to retire but unfortunately, I can't afford it!

  20. It's time to retire when you have NO idea why anyone would want a 370Z.

  21. Yay! I can retire. I do the check the floor thing, especially when I know there are toys hiding somewhere! I don't come back up without at least 5 in hand. Saves the back and the knees. Hahahaha.

  22. Ok, so I'm good! Retirement it is then!


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥