Sunday, September 26, 2010


A salute to an idiot!

I was checking out at the local Wal-Mart with just a few items and the lady behind me put her things on the belt close to mine. I picked up one of those 'dividers' that they keep by the cash register and placed it between our things so they wouldn't get mixed.

After the girl had scanned all of my items, she picked up the 'divider', looking it all over for the bar code so she could scan it.

Not finding the bar code, she said to me, 'Do you know how much this is?'

I said to her 'I've changed my mind; I don't think I'll buy that today.'

She said 'OK,' and I paid her for the things and left.

She had no clue to what had just happened.
Share This


  1. What a dedicated cashier LOL :-)

  2. Sam Walton, the founder of Wal-Mart, must be rolling over in his grave at what has become of his empire. That business was actually the place to go back in the day. It's a shame too, because their stores used to be nice. But after his death, everything went downhill. In their efforts to save a buck and make a buck, they hire people with no clue because they will work at minimum wage. And you know the old saying....."you get what you pay for".

  3. Well, at least she isn't in charge of world peace. Bless her heart.

    Have a wonderful Sunday, Sandee! Big hugs :]

  4. I would have made her call for a price

  5. good one and i agree, make her get a price check! ha ha

    smiles, bee

  6. people never use those things anymore and it is irritating to me. Love the comment about the price check.LOL

  7. Is it due to lack of training or commonsense? Either way it needs serious attention.
    Have a great day!

  8. OMGoodness. Bless her heart. And these are the same folks who reproduce.

    Big hugs, honey...

  9. Well, I suspect someone has to cash out all of the "winners" that shop at WalMart, too!

  10. *opportunity missed*

    You (while the checker is trying to find the barcode on the divider to scan it): Uh, that's yours.

    Checker: Really? You're buying that for me?

    You: of course. It looked like something you needed.

    Checker: I don't know what to say...

    You: I know ;)


    award notice...
    humor award.

  12. Just remember, Walmart gets all of that talent locally. They don't ship them from the home office. Those cashiers are your own home grown products. Just sayin'.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥