Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Jonah

A pastor was doing his children's sermon with all the youngsters down front to hear the lesson. He was discussing the story of Jonah. He quoted the scriptures from Jonah 1 and 2:

"And the Lord appointed a great fish to swallow up Jonah; and Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights. Then Jonah prayed to the Lord, his God, from the belly of the fish, saying 'I called to the Lord of my distress and He answered me.'...and the Lord spoke to the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land" (Jonah 1:17; 2:2, 10).

When the pastor finished the quotation, he started trying to solicit input from the youngsters to help him complete his mini-sermon. He asked thoughtfully, "What does the fish vomiting Jonah out on dry land indicate to us today?"

One of the youngsters spoke with great enthusiasm for the entire congregation to hear, "It proves that even a fish can't stomach a bad preacher!"

Stolen from: Phil of Phils Phun
Share This

20 comments:

  1. LOL... no wonder kids like the fishes... good intelligence :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly right! hahahaha!

    Have a terrific day, Sandee! big hugs :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, so THAT'S how it happened!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwahahahahahahahahha! That's funny!
    Have a great day, Sandee~

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, Like I am always saying, out of the mouths of babes. These kids are a whole lot smarter than we give them credit for.
    Have a terrific Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bwahahahahaha!

    How true, how true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kids don't miss much:)

    Have a great Tuesday. Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  8. From the mouths of babes, as they say...

    ReplyDelete
  9. spare the preacher at least from kids!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darlin,

    happy almost birthday.
    zily

    ReplyDelete
  11. I envisioned me at age 10 when I read that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that is a BRILLIANT response!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've sat through a few of those sermons before. I wish I didn't always sit near the front of the chapel, so I could sneak out.
    Very Funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that's a good fish tale.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Them kids are smart LMFAO :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for checking in on me. I am ok. Just up to my eyeballs in sick kids. Hopefully they will all feel better soon.

    Big hugs!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy birthday tomorrow honey! hope it's wonderful!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  18. I get a similar case of indigestion whenever a politician opens his mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We need to listen to kids more... they have great insights..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sandee!
    September 8 it is! Happy Birthday!
    What a nice birthdate for a very wonderful person like you!
    Happy Birthday again!
    Many more to come!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥