Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Love the Welsh

On a beautiful summer's day, two American tourists were driving through Wales . They came to a village which had the longest place name in the Northern Hemisphere.

At Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyl lllantysiliogogoch they stopped for lunch, and one of the tourists asked the waitress, 'Before we order, I wonder if you could settle an argument for us. Can you pronounce where we are, very, very, very slowly?' ...

The girl leaned over and said, 'Burrr ....... gurrr ........ king'

Hat tip: Babs of Beetle's Memories 'n' Ramblings
Share This


  1. IwillhaveanonionringandasmallstrawberryshackbecauseIdonotlikeburgerking.

    It's Sunday, right? Hope yours is fun! Big hugs :]

  2. ohhhhhhh itsnotmcdonaldsthen? lmao! this was too funny, sandee. :D

    wanna let you know i have tags and awards for you. if you find the tags too long, you can just grab the awards. they are all for you. :)

  3. Haha, this is a great joke! For those who think the post is a prank, it's not! It's a real place in Wales (i come from the UK so i can confirm that!) :) Great post (like always) and great blog! I now follow you on BC


  4. I hope the zip code isn't as long as the name.

  5. LOL--is this a blonde joke? LOL

  6. Ahhhh so that's how you pronounce
    I suddenly have a craving for a whopper and onion rings

  7. Hysterical, Mom is still laughing. Glad I don't have to spell that one. Have a great Sunday.

  8. It is now my life mission to find out how to pronounce that town.

  9. i'd like to hear it pronounced too! but good joke!

    have a lovely sunday honey!!!

    smiles, bee

  10. That is a good one Sandee. I hope you are having a great day on your boat.

  11. I love this! I'd hate to have to address mail to there... it would discombobulate my speller.

  12. I'd be loving the Welsh myself! My kind of smart-ass comeback right there!

  13. Say wha? Who could ever spell that one! Pity the kids in elementary school.

    Big hugs, honey...

  14. I've been there too, I even have a photo of the same sign!

  15. Laughing out loud...Fancy place, huh?

    Keep them coming, Sandee...

    Love ya, Annie

  16. By the way, I love Comedy Plus' new design...

    It's very professional and easy to read..


  17. What a hoot!!! That's almost as bad as the state fish of Hawai'i - the Hanananapappalaileieiaihhoeam something or other!
    Just kidding - - -


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥