Thursday, September 16, 2010

The First Thing

I recently asked my friends' little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President of the United States.

Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there so I asked her, "If you were President, what would be the first thing you would do?"

She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people... Her parents proudly beamed.

"Wow...what a worthy goal," I told her. "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that. Tell you what - you can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my driveway, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house." How about doing something wonderful like that?

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"

I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Her parents still aren't speaking to me.

Stolen from: Phil of Phils Phun

20 comments:

  1. Exactly, Sandee! That's exactly it! She ain't no Dumb-ocrat! bwahahahaha!

    Have a great day! Big hugs :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful Thursday, Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the kids ought to be running the country and not the politicians.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that one is going to make Sarge's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. Gonna read this one to Hank... and yes, Sarge will *LOVE* it!

    Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy crap, this gives me some hope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the girl.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Children always keep it simple. Politicians always mess it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smart child, that one is for sure. Good one. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. smart kid, she should be president.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very smart young lady. She has my vote!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant girl! She simply nailed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, when its explained in the simplest way it makes the most sense. Too bad even the simplest isn't enough to show the errors of their ways to them.

    Have a great weekend! I've got a photo shoot, a birthday party and hopefully a quick visit from my mother to contend with.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that girl has the right idea. I will be her campaign manager and paint pretty posters to get her elected.

    Wait. Why don't I let the HOMELESS people paint the posters? They have more free time than I do.

    heee

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that girl has the right idea. I will be her campaign manager and paint pretty posters to get her elected.

    Wait. Why don't I let the HOMELESS people paint the posters? They have more free time than I do.

    heee

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dang my computer! It was slow when I clicked on send so I clicked it again thinking I had missed the send key with my mouse ... and wham! duplicate comments. But I hate when people delete their comment because then I always wonder who wrote something and what they deleted. I always figure it's something SCANDALOUS.

    Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

    Lol

    No scandal here.

    Just accidents.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. L!O!L! So funny, yet, so true.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥