Friday, August 20, 2010


Due to the frequency of human-bear encounters, the B.C. Fish and Wildlife Branch is advising hikers, hunters, fishermen and any persons that use the out of doors in a recreational or work related function to take extra precautions while in the field.

We advice the outdoorsman to wear little noisy bells on clothing so as to give advance warning to any bears that might be close by so you don't take them by surprise...
Read the whole sign. Fort Steele is near Cranbrook, British Columbia. I'm not thinking I want to visit Cranbrook. Click on photograph to biggify.

Hat tip: ♥Hubby♥
Share This


  1. LOL, oh my. I don't think I'll be going there either.

  2. LMAO i can just imagine people walking around there on their hands and knees sniffing and examining bear doo dah to see which bears are about.

    I couldn't bear it (boom boom) :-)

  3. we had this in podunk too! too funny! but we only had black bears.

    smiles, bee

  4. Is that sign for real? If so, gotta love the government employees with the great sense of humour..

  5. That is really funny. Don't think I want to go there either. I don't care to meet any bear no matter what their shit looks like and smells like.Too funny.
    Have a great day and week end. Guess you are already boating around.

  6. it. Right up my alley.

  7. be a shit expert to identify different kinds bear...that's too funny..
    have a great weekend!

  8. LMAO!...Should you find a pile of shit with a set of blue bells in it, it just may be my last boss.

    Could you please return the bells to me, just in case someone else pisses me off.

    That was funny! Way funny!

  9. LMAO--

    Q: What do you get if you cross a grizzly bear and a harp?
    A: A bear faced lyre!

    Have a fun filled weekend!


  10. I'm with you and steering clear of that place!

    Have a lovely weekend on the boat!

  11. I think I will stear clear of this place.

  12. haha never seen a bear in real haha

  13. Guess I won't be going there! LOL

    Have a great weekend!

    Big Hugs!

  14. Yeah, I saw this one before. They really know how to make a point.

  15. Bells and pepper spray, now that is funny!

  16. That is about all that bells and pepper spray are good for - when dealing with a Grizzly - warning off the yet uneaten passersby.... lol

  17. If you'll carry a Smith & Wesson 50 cal. revolver, Bear crap may contain lethal amounts of lead! Just sayin'.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥