Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Three Little Pigs

A teacher was reading the story of the Three Little Pigs to her class. She came to the part of the story where first pig was trying to gather the building materials for his home. She read, “…and so the pig went up to the man with the wheelbarrow full of straw and said, 'Pardon me sir, but may I have some of that straw to build my house?'”

The teacher paused then asked the class, “And what do you think the man said?”

One little boy raised his hand and said very matter-of-factly, “I think the man would have said, 'Well, I'll be damned!! A talking pig!'”

The teacher had to leave the room.

Hat tip: Willy of Hillbilly Willy
Share This


  1. Kids are very funny when they aren't trying to be. Grandkids are a riot.

  2. The kid sounds like Hank...LOL!

  3. Wow this is weird--I was just thinking about The Three Little Pigs Yesterday--Don't ask me why...

    Synchronicity in action again.

    Great lil' yolk though.


  4. Nice way to start the day.

  5. Out of the mouths of babes. That was hysterical. What a good answer. LOL
    Have a grand day.

  6. Children are incredibly practical people!

  7. That boy was probably from Georgia!

    Thanks for the morning chuckle. Big hugs, honey...

  8. smart kid...
    have a great day!

  9. Pigs don't talk? Funny, very funny!

  10. Did he get the straw Darlin?

  11. LOL--out of the mouths of babes!

  12. LOL, the things kids will pick up when you don't think they are listening.

  13. I read this one (adding "I'll be darned") to my daughter and she cracked up! This was so cute!

  14. Just be glad it wasn't a suckling pig! Have a great week!

    Umm.. can I cook the pig? I've always wanted to do a whole hog.

  15. Keep sending those good vibes my way! I sure can use them.

    Big Hugs!

  16. Lol and they are very honest, lol. Thanks for sharing and laughs. Anna :)

  17. Funny Don C was just thinking of the three little pigs and I just got done babysitting my daughters newest pet, her pot bellied pig for the last week. The little piggy slept in bed with me every night. Much to the chagrin of my dog who owns the house. Nothing like waking up in the morning to see a pigs face on the pillow next to you, yes I am weird. But that's not new.

    I just wanted to let you know I got your feed working again on my blog. Since going to a premium theme a few months ago, all my feeds were gone and it took a bit of html work to finally get some of them working again. But honestly yours was the only one I care about anyway and glad to be able to read my morning laugh again without having to leave my house on the net :-)

    Hope your enjoying this great summer of boating, can you believe it is almost over, shhhhh. Boy they certainly go quicker each year :-(

    Big hug and a nice big kiss to, not to worry folks it is a kiss to the cheek, jeesh.......bwahahahahah

  18. OK OK... this joke made me subscribe. How could I not!!?


  19. Adorable!
    Just woke up and I wanted a good laugh. This one made me.

    Thanks Sandee!

  20. hahahaha...smart kid haha...

    have a great day Sandee.

  21. never underestimate kids. LMAO!!!

    btw, i love your 3 little pigs image!

  22. I can picture my boy saying that in class.
    My youngest starts the first grade in a couple more weeks, and he is following 3 big brothers, so he is not very innocent

  23. Probably would have been my first thought, too!

    Have a great day, I've pretty much caught up. Read them all!!


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥