Friday, August 6, 2010

Ox Bow Cruise Out

Today we back out of the slip and head to Ox Bow Yacht Club for the weekend. Friday night we are having a big Tri-Tip potluck BBQ with all the trimmings and on Saturday morning we are doing a potluck breakfast. We do the very best potlucks around. Do you see a pattern here? Food and more food? Right you are.

On Saturday night we are having 'Hot August Nights' with the Ox Bow Yacht Club that features 50s and 60s music along with a drive-in theme. There will be hot dogs, cheeseburgers, and french fries with all the trimmings. There will even be root beer floats or milkshakes. Then you can go out and see the car show from the same era. Should be tons of fun. We can dance the night away to 50s and 60s music. I wonder how many will dress the part? I wonder how many can remember the dances from the 50s and 60s.

After this cruise I have one more to plan and execute and I'll be done with the majority of my vice commodore work. That means I plan no more cruises, or send out invites, or all the other things that go along with putting a party together. I've enjoyed every minute, but it's almost time to move to the next chair. Commodore. Sweet!

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time will be had by all. And that's an order. Right, Vice Commodore?

    Have a dance and milk shake for me. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that what cruises are all about? Food, food and more food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The music of the 50's and 60's are among my favorites! I never really learned any of the dances... unless that Batman Dance thingy that I did in my living room with my sisters counts. Probably not.

    I'd say have a wonderful time, but Duh?!

    Big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, a great weekend planned. What could be better than spending the weekend around great people and a wonderful husband? and potluck, just a cheery on the top of my sundae!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, a root beer float would be very tasty. And the music from the 50's and 60's sounds terrific. What a fun time. Hope you all have a super time. Stay safe and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man, i want to be there too! sounds like so much fun honey. i am so happy for you...

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure this will be a blast of a time.
    And back to the 50's and 60's, when music was music and swing was real swing. But take care, you are no longer teenagers;-)


    btw. Just posted a link to a presentation of Kongsvinger Fortress and Nordic History you never has seen before

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy, oh boy...I wanna be there! Love the 60s music (even our kids do too!) and love the dancing. I'd be on the dance floor all night. Just sayin'. Well, I have to sit and catch my breath occasionally at my age, but I'd be out there. Perfect w/e...boats, friends, food, music...oh yes, count me green!

    Look forward to seeing all the photos. Big hugs, honey, times two...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great weekend! Sounds fun and look forward to hearing about it when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like someone is going to have one heck of a nice weekend - made even more so by knowing this is the last one you have to do as Vice Commodore!

    Enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woof! Woof! Sounds like FUN. Have a wonderful weekend. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds brilliant love the 50's and 60's theme, and the food of course.

    Have a great time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that's a good time! Funny thing is - in my neighborhood this Sunday is the annual doo-wop and classic car show. Of course it's set up on the streets of Filthadelphia - I'm betting your locations are way nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

    Big Hugs!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a fun filled weekend. The car show and the music is enough to attract me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. down the memory lane to 50s and 60s...it is a great experience.
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope that you have a great big chocolat malted shake for me.Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That sounds like a great idea. 50/60's are quite popular in our family. My SIL and her husband go to a doo wop every year in NJ.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥