Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Missing Hinge

Charlie was installing a new door and found that one of the hinges was missing. He asked his wife Mary if she would go to Home Depot and pick up a hinge. Mary agreed to go.

While she was waiting for the manager to finish serving a customer, her eye caught a beautiful bathroom faucet. When the manager was finished, Mary asked him, "How much is that faucet?"

The manager replied, "That's a gold plated faucet and the price is $500.00."

Mary exclaimed, "My goodness, that is a very expensive faucet. It's certainly out of my price bracket." She then proceeded to describe the hinge that Charlie had sent her to buy.

The manager said that he had them in stock and went into the storeroom to get one. From the storeroom the manager yelled, "Ma'am, do you wanna screw for the hinge?"

Mary paused for a moment and then shouted back, "No, but I will for the faucet."

This is why you can't send a woman to Home Depot!

Stolen from Phil of Phils Phun
Share This

23 comments:

  1. Pmsl everytime i go in a DIY shop i will laugh if i spot a faucet now :-)

    Have a nice Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, I've never gotten any offers like that when I've gone to Home Depot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they're extry accommodating at Mary's store. bwahahahaha!

    One more sleep before I go home to my kitties and my own bed! Big hugs, Sandee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwahahahahaha!

    ROTFLMAO.

    And, it was funny, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. must have been one purdy lady! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a good one now. Fell off my chair laughing. Going to go try those faucets at Home Depot tomorrow.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Send her to Lowe's. I don't think that they have $500.00 faucets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is usually 4 screws to a hinge(?).

    Jus sayin'

    PLU!

    ReplyDelete
  9. now that's funny, i don't care who you are

    ReplyDelete
  10. that was a knee slapper honey!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that's service... bwahahahahahhahahahaa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that's already an extra service! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. If Mary looked half as good as a gold plated faucet, I'd do her!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LMAO!!! this cracked me up. sounds fair to me... bwahahaha!!! thanks for the laugh, sandee =)

    btw, i have friendship awards for you. if you have time please visit:

    http://pinklady-bing.blogspot.com/2010/08/august-awards-from-jingle.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. trust a woman to get back to basics...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good one! I have a few awards on my GCRS site,with your name on them,so come and get 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha ha ha ha ha! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now I can't stop reading the other entries!
    Monday again here and to start it, Laugh here at Sandee's!

    ReplyDelete
  19. As my pop-pop would say, I'm not cheap, I'm poor!

    She's just saving her nickels! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  20. She had her priorities! How funny...

    Sending more hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  21. LMAO! I love your blog!! it makes me keep coming back for more, course don't want the faucet though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥