Friday, August 27, 2010

The Beggar

A man walks past a beggar every day and gives him $10 and that continues for a year. Then suddenly the daily donation changes to $7.50.

“Well,” the beggar thinks, “it’s still better than nothing.”

A year passes in this way until the man’s daily donation suddenly becomes $5.

“What’s going on now?” the beggar asks his donor. “First you give me $10 every day, then $7.50 and now only $5. What’s the problem?”

“Well,” the man says, “last year my eldest son went to university. It’s very expensive, so I had to cut costs. This year my eldest daughter also went to university, so I had to cut my expenses even further.”

“And how many children do you have?” the beggar asks.

“Four,” the man replies.

“Well,” says the beggar, “I hope you don’t plan to educate them all at my expense.”

Stolen from: Phil of Phils Phun
Share This

25 comments:

  1. Haha! funny, i will have to remember that one.

    Have a great weekend:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL--That will be me in 15 years. I have 5 to put through college.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to argue with logic like that! :-D

    Big hugs, Sandee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha...smart beggar!
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sign of the economical times. Even the beggars are suffering.
    Hope you have a super week end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy does THAT sound familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a sad tale, however he still is getting something

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a sad tale, however he still is getting something

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was expecting a different punch line - like the beggar took the money and invested it and became rich and did something nice for the man..but then that wouldn't have been funny - then again the beggar's greed isn't amusing either

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy. They're never grateful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, not the punch line I was expecting. But funny nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beggars can't be choosers..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't suppose getting a real job is an option. Must be a Democrat. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandee, you make us laugh! Have you ever dressed in clown?
    You are G R E A T!

    Silly Willy & Fluffy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect example of greediness and it provides a laugh too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That beggar must have been hanging out on the rich side of town. I don't know anyone who could give even the $5 every single day...lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah really, I have to admit I don't usually give the big bills to beggers...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Talk about ingratitude! Oh wait, maybe it's that whole overblown sense of entitlement that so many seem to have these days!

    Have a great weekend, Sandee! I'll be sure to give Barb a big hug for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good one! I hope you have a great weekend!

    Big hugs,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very poignant comment---

    Truth hurts!

    PLU!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL - This is just too true!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hahahahaha....well, he just want to survive hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  23. Boy did Driller nail that one!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥