Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Weekend

This is our 340 Sea Ray Sundancer. Our boating buddies took pictures of us last weekend as we cruised to Ebony Boat Club for our fantastic weekend of boating fellowship and lots of great food. I needed a picture of our boat for next years club roster as I'll be the commodore and it's customary to have your boat along with a picture of you and your spouse as part of the roster. The first one is the one we chose as it really captures the boat the best. You can click on any photograph to biggify.



On the bow starboard side you see our club flag with red, blue and yellow. On the bow port side you see my vice commodore flag. These flags are how we recognize other clubs and their ranks. When you cruise into another facility you fly your flags. Also if you look hard enough you can see me driving the boat. In the last picture you can see Mount Diablo. A very photographed and painted mountain.

The weekend was fun and everything went well, but we had some WINDY weather. Sunday evening through early morning Tuesday is was very windy. Winds at 30 MPH with gusts up to 40 MPH. If you are inside it's not too bad, but when you are on the water it's dicey. Good sleeping weather though.
Share This

23 comments:

  1. I'm glad you gave the color of the flag because I have never known which was starboard and which was port. I'm a boating dummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really good to read out your post, i like the club flag in red. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I'm glad you had a great time, but even gladder you were safe. Good sleeping sounds good! I love being rocked to sleep on the cruise ship, but I can only imagine what it's like on your boat!

    Big hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to learn the weekend went so well. But, then, when don't they when you are on the water?

    Your choice of Photo #1 is a good one, although, I do like #3 as a runner-up.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 30-40 don't sound good on the water

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. That is a gorgeous home away from home. I love all these real life posts about boating. thanks for sharing such an important part of your life. Hope you have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the first picture too. But they are all good. Glad you had a good week end and didn't get blown away. Take care and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the boat! i tried and tried to see the name of it but couldn't... want to tell?

    and the flags are totally tits. i now know someone important enough to have their own flag! you go girl!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. make merry when you sail! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll bet the rocking led to some good ZZZs. I just love that boat... so pretty!

    What I love most about our hobby, and it applies to your's as well, is that when we wake up we are home, but outside the scene can be different... I often wake up forgetting where I am!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Photo 1 was the best choice, in my humble opinion as well. Beautiful boat, no doubt. And loads of fun. Did I mention we love boating? hehe

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that Sundancer. It's sleek and sexy. Hell, it's pure me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful boat. Commodore Sandee. I like the sound of that!

    Is that Folsom Lake?

    PLU!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandee, these nice pictures would make good for a Sea Ray commercial. My vote goes for # 1. I think hubby is on the left side and you are in a shadow?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  15. it is nice to see your boat.those flags loog good on it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good choice with picture #1 though they're all quite good. It's nice to Mount Diablo in the distance, too - which means it wasn't too hazy! If I remember correctly we used to be able to see it from Stockton on a good day but the valley haze has gotten so bad lately that I suspect it's not as easy as it used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful boat and what a regal title you have earned! :) Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Commodore! Wow - maybe now you will need a bigger boat...

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beauty! I wish I lived closer so I could go for a ride.

    Big hugs!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  20. I clicked to see the full size photos ... so crispy and clear!

    Waving from Hollydale :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful boat Sandee! Love the mountains in the background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ah HA! Now The Teamster and I know what to look for as we ride thru the delta!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥