Monday, July 19, 2010

The Tired Marine

The train was quite crowded and a U. S. Marine walked the entire length looking for a seat. There seemed to be one next to a well-dressed French woman, but when he got there, he saw it was taken by the woman's poodle. The war-weary Marine asked, "Ma'am, may I have that seat?"

The French woman sniffed and said to no one in particular, "Americans are so rude. My little Fifi is using that seat."

The Marine walked the entire train again, but the only seat available was under that dog. "Please, ma'am. May I sit down? I'm very tired."

She snorted, "Not only are you Americans rude, you are also arrogant!"

This time the Marine didn't say a word; he just picked up the little dog, tossed it out the train window and sat down.

The woman shrieked, "Someone defend me! Put this American in his place!"

An English gentleman sitting nearby spoke up. "Sir, you Americans seem to have a penchant for doing the wrong thing. You hold the fork in the wrong hand. You drive your autos on the wrong side of the road. And now, sir, you seem to have thrown the wrong bitch out the window.

Hat tip: Sarge Charlie of Sarge Charlie
Share This

26 comments:

  1. bada bing, bada boom! Is it just me or are English gentlemen smarter than the average bear? bwahahahaha!

    big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now maybe the dog will find a nice home...

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, I was surprised he threw the dog out the window! I'll bet that lady wore a huge hat on her head, I can picture that in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's lucky there weren't two marines needing seats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, the other bitch needs to be out also.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this before and it is still funny. No one can say that the Marine didn't give her a chance. Oh well, some folks have to learn the hard way. snerx

    ReplyDelete
  7. good one! hope you have a lovely week sandee! and me too.

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zee American's are rude, but zee marines are well deserving of anything they request!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hank got a big chuckle outta this one. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leave the dog, throw the other one out. Too funny. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. good for the AMerican and The Englishman!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LMAO! I didn't see that one coming! Thanks for the Monday morning laugh! I needed it!

    Big Hugs!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant Brit...totally correct!

    Have a fab day. Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I covered KP's little ears while I read this to Mrs. Jim. We all had a good laugh. I'm still smiling.

    I thought you might like that yacht and thought of you sometimes when we would pass a yacht basin on our Baltic cruise.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see the image now. A distinguished British gent exclaiming that the wrong bitch, blah, blah, blah. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahaha...
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL, definitely threw the wrong -one- out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good one, Sandee. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. pmsl brilliant love it when it's an unexpected punchline.

    'leaves site still giggling'

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha hah! definitely the wrong choice.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I must agree with the english gentleman...lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Didn't see that one coming! Laughoutloud!

    PLU!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha, wonder what the woman had to say to THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bwahahahaha!
    Totally funny and entertaining! Like it much!:D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Now this one had me REALLY laughing out loud!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥