Thursday, July 22, 2010

Summer Rendezvous

As I lay on my bed thinking about you,
I feel this strong urge to grab you and squeeze you,
because I can't forget last night.
You came to me unexpectedly during the balmy and calm night,
and what happened in my bed
still leaves a tingling sensation in me.
You appeared from nowhere and shamelessly,
without any reservations, you lay on my naked body.
You sensed my indifference,
so you applied your hungry mouth to me
without any guilt or humiliation,
and you drove me near crazy while you drained me.
Finally I went to sleep.
Today when I woke up you were gone.
I searched for you but to no avail.
Only the sheets bore witness to last night's events.
My body still bears faint marks of your enthusiastic ravishing,
making it harder to forget you.
Tonight I will remain awake waiting for you...
You darned mosquito.

Stolen from: Phil of Phils Phun
Share This


  1. And here I thought you got 4 cats to hog your bed and keep you up, too! bwahahahaha!

    And that Gracie is a pillow stealin' girl! She's always on my pillow right up against my head when I wake up.

    big hugs :)

  2. I caught on too early and raced down to the last line...I know, I could not help myself! Great one!

  3. well buggers! literally. ha ha ha

    smiles, bee

  4. I too thought it was going to be a cat. But mosquito is a great answer. Very funny.
    Have a great day.

  5. hahahahahaha... I was wondering where this was going. I wouldn't have thunk it was a mosquito.

  6. I didn't fall for that - course I didn't know how it would wind up either...

  7. Thought I was at the wrong blog there for a minute.... haha. Have a beautiful day.

  8. hahaha....your narration is spicy!
    have a great day!

  9. Good one! I didn't guess a mosquito!

    Have a great day!
    Big hugs!

  10. I thought the catch phrase would be pillow or blanket, but mosquito?! I hate them, even more so now that I'm covered in bites!

  11. Obviously, there are people out there that put a far greater worth on insects than I do. To that end I say, "Splat!"

  12. I loved that ending. Nothing is worse than a mosquito biting you all night and the itching that it causes.

    Have a great day.

  13. LOL< I knew this was leading up to something inhuman, but I wasn't quite sure what.

  14. Good one Sandee!

  15. Wheh, Had me going there. Then to find out it's just a mosquito, darn!

  16. This really crack me up. LOL

  17. You sure had me going. I thought you were getting all serious/Romance Novelist, on me.

    Good one! Makes me want to take a little 'OFF' with me to bed tonight.


  18. I figured it out before I got to the end. pretty funny

  19. Well I thought it would be a cat too :)

  20. Very entertaining! I didn't see it coming. I thought it was something different. After all it was just a mosquito! Very funny indeed! Bwahahaha

  21. I was taking that seriously...then i got to the end LOL

  22. I never could write such a beautiful poem to a Mosquito unless I was the only one left on Planet Earth.
    I wonder how that mutant would have looked like?

    Have a great weekend


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥