Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Priest

The old Priest lay dying in the hospital. For years he had faithfully served the people. He motioned for his nurse to come near.

"Yes, Father?" said the nurse.

"I would really like to see the Prime Minister and Finance Minister before I die," whispered the Priest.

"I'll see what I can do, Father," replied the nurse. The nurse sent the request to the Prime Minister's office and waited for a response. Soon the word arrived that the Prime Minister and Finance Minister, devoted Christians both, were delighted to visit the Priest.

As they went to the hospital, the Prime Minister commented to the Finance Minister, "I don't know why the old Priest wants to see us but it will certainly help our images and might even get us some favorable publicity." The Finance Minister agreed that it was a good thing.

When they arrived at the Priest's room, the Priest took the Prime Minister's hand in his right hand and the Finance Minister's hand in his left. There was silence and a look of serenity on the old Priest's face.

Finally the Prime Minister spoke. "Father, of all the people you could have chosen, why did you choose us to be with you as you near the end?"

The old Priest slowly replied, "I have always tried to pattern my life after our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

"Amen," said the Prime Minister.

"Amen," said the Finance Minister.

The old Priest continued, "Jesus died between two thieves. I would like to do the same!"

Hat tip: Babs of Beetle's Memories 'n' Ramblings
Share This


  1. Bwahahahahaha!

    'nuff said.

  2. Who would have figured the two politicians were the thiefs. So sad and true.

    That was funny. Hope you are having a wonderful week, Sandee!

  3. Wohoa! Hahaha! Thanks for the chuckles, Sandee!:D

    -Fledgling Blogger-

  4. I was wondering where this was going... hahahahaha! He got that right!

  5. Brings to new meaning to the "What Would Jesus Do?" philosophy!

    Have a great Tuesday, Sandee!

  6. I can not agree more. Politicians especially in the Philippines are indeed thieves. Read the latest Philippine news on what the politicians have been doing with their "pork barrel funds" for the last decades. I guess I will post this joke in one of my blog if you do not mind. Cheers! Sandee!

  7. WEll done Mr Priest. Put those two in their place. Have a great day Sandee

  8. Brilliant. He succeeded!

    Enjoy your day. Big hugs, my dear...

  9. So true...
    I hope you have a great week.
    Big Ol' Texas Hugs to you.

  10. hahaha... this time you have spared the priest! may be priest is better than politician!
    have a great day!

  11. LOL! that was funny!

  12. Now there's one I hope I can remember! bwahahahaha!

    big hugs :)

  13. Gotta love those priests, a sense of humor right up to the end...lol

  14. Very good for the old man...

  15. Nothing like a joke involving a priest, and a couple of politicians.

    You just know it's gotta' go well!


  16. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......two thumbs up Sandee....

  17. didn't see that coming at all. sorry to be here so late, it just got away from me, the day that is.

    smile, bee


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥