Thursday, July 1, 2010


Is it good if a vacuum really sucks?

Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?

If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know?

If Webster wrote the first dictionary, where did he find the words?

Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?

Why does "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same thing?

Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?

Why do "tug" boats push their barges?

Why do we sing "Take me out to the ball game" when we're already there?

Why are they called "stands" when they are made for sitting?

Stolen from: Phil of Phils Phun
Share This


  1. I ♥ oxymorons, too, but not actual morons. Unfortunately, so many seem to find their way to me.

    I work in the printing industry. Years ago that also included copiers. A popular oxymoron was 'Original Copies'.

  2. Oh, and tell that handsome hubby of yours, he's a peach! He's been visiting all the hen's blogs to get to know us before the cruise. Bless his heart.

    Big hugs xo

  3. Drat! now I will be confused all day trying figure this stuff out!!

  4. Things that make you go hmmm...Have a great Thursday!

  5. and why are they called "apartments" when they are all together?

    smiles, bee

  6. Always fun to contemplate...

  7. So where are the answers?? Are we supposed to answer those wonderful questions. I always knew I was somewhat of a moron.
    So do we get a visit from the handsome hubby even if we aren't going on the cruise?? After all we aren't going to get to meet him.
    Just kidding.
    Have a great day.

  8. I too luv oxymoron.
    let me give a sample...
    it is a lamentable comedy plus!
    just saying...
    have a great day!

  9. Great posting,This is so getting swiped,for both Wacky Wednesday and Silly Saturday.Big time hugs.

  10. These are great! I love oxymorons. Just wish there weren't so many real morons in this world!

    Big Hugs!

  11. Oxys are great...real ones, NO!

    Love your chuckles.

    Have a great day, and an even better w/e. Big hugs, honey...

  12. Good points to make. Er, to point out.

  13. now I'll be up all night trying to figure out the answers to all

  14. Woof! Woof! you got that right ... words that made you Mmmmm WHY? Golden Thanks for supporting me to be June Top UDog. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

  15. We do say some crazy things when you stop to think about it!

  16. I enjoyed this. Now I rue fir deleting my huge list of Oxymoron.s My collections starts again today.

  17. Oxymorons indeed! Entertaining post. :D

    Thanks a lot Sandee for placing my badge again as one of the top droppers last month in your super nice blog!
    Have a fantastic weekend!

    Your photo on the side bar for the upcoming Bloggers Cruise thrills me a lot. Can I join? LOL

    -Fledgling Blogger-

  18. Great post!

    So why do we call a post for blogging the same thing as a post we drive into the ground?


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥