Thursday, June 17, 2010

Something to Ponder

This comes from 2 maths teachers with a combined total of 70 yrs. Experience.

Here is a little something someone sent me that is indisputable mathematical logic. It also made me Laugh Out Loud.

This is a strictly mathematical viewpoint...it goes like this:

What Makes 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%? Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%. How about achieving 103%? What makes up 100% in life?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

If:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Is represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Then:
H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K
8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

And
K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

But,
A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

And,
B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

AND, look how far arse kissing will take you..

A-R-S-E-K-I-S-S-I-N-G
1+18+19+5+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 131%

So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty, that While Hard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, its the Bullshit and Arse kissing that will put you over the top.

Stolen from Odat of Odat's Mumblings
Share This

21 comments:

  1. Simply brilliant!

    Thanks for the smiles. Have a great day! Big hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, that! ha ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fantastic. I loved that. Good thing I work for myself, don't have to do that arsekissing. But whoever thought all that up, is a 100% that is for sure
    Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't have to do any of those things if only you just have SEX APPEAL...you score 99%!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!

    Have a great day!
    Big Hugs!

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now isn't that the truth :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm at 103% only because I'm not working towards a 131% because I've got a bad 100% due to too much 96%. So, I simply say 70% !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL @ Don! Bwahahahahahahaha!

    I can't add, so I'd probably be 0%
    Good one, Sandy and Odat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen this several times, including over at Odat's, but it's still funny!

    Have a mighty fine day in your gloriously un-humid 80's. Big hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Sandee. I'd forgotten the formula. Sounds like a disgruntled government worker came up with this one. :)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Leave it to a mathematician to figure out how it takes bullshit to give more than 100% ;)

    Reminds me of the constipated mathematician, who worked it out with a pencil....

    *ducking boos and throwd erasers*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm at 103%!, Just Sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  14. guess I better pucker up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't argue with the numbers...lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. a thumbs up on this post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woof! Woof! YAH! I got it! My mom is totally laughing. She actually majored in Mathematics in college. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hate math, but I loved the joke!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm still trying to figure out two mathematicians with a sense of humor! All of my math teachers were sans humor...

    ReplyDelete
  20. hahaha...this is brilliant..let's all gather and be an arsekisser....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥