Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Paid in Full

It was many years ago since the embarrassing day when a young woman, with a baby in her arms, entered his butcher shop and confronted him with the news that the baby was his and asked what was he going to do about it? Finally he offered to provide her with free meat until the boy was 16. She agreed.

He had been counting the years off on his calendar, and one day the teenager, who had been collecting the meat each week, came into the shop and said, "I'll be 16 tomorrow."

"I know," said the butcher with a smile, "I've been counting too, tell your mother, when you take this parcel of meat home, that it is the last free meat she'll get, and watch the expression on her face."

When the boy arrived home he told his mother. The woman nodded and said, "Son, go back to the butcher and tell him I have also had free bread, free milk, and free groceries for the last 16 years and watch the expression on his face!"

Stolen from: Hale McKay of It Occurred To Me
Share This

22 comments:

  1. i wish i was a woman. i can live for 16 years without getting a job! whew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart. But quite the little town tramp! Bwhahahaahhaaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tee hee! That is cute. Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well done, I didn't see it coming.

    PLU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. busy woman! ha ha ha

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL... that's funny... she's quite the "friendly" type. Sneaky, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom sounds like a bitch! Hope she chokes on a kabob.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't see that punch line coming...and yeah, I agree with Don.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I figured that one was coming. Guess I am a con too. LOL. But that was a good idea, whole lot easier than getting money from them.
    Have a great day Sandee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha i love this one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Talk about being Had!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She was a scamp, a camp and a bit of a tramp. She was a V. A. M. P. Vamp! But at least she ate good! LOL!

    Big hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Guess there were some guilty men in that there town she lived in!

    Hope all is well with you, sorry I've not been around lately though I've wanted to be!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All those years I could have been feeding my kids for free if I had only put some thought into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha ha! She had been very busy back when ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was one busy lady, um, woman!

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahaha...she worked hard before and now she collected her benefits...nice job hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thought I heard a similar story before. Really funny. :D

    What a clever woman! Men should be very wise in dealing with these kinds of women. Grrrr! LOL ;D

    -Fledgling Blogger-

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful life, with many fools around you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥