Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lie Detector

John was a salesman’s delight when it came to any kind of unusual gimmick. His wife Marsha had long ago given up trying to get him to change. One day John came home with another one of his unusual purchases. It was a robot that John claimed was actually a lie detector.

It was about 5:30 that afternoon when Tommy, their 11 year old son, returned home from school. Tommy was over 2 hours late. “Where have you been? Why are you over 2 hours late getting home?” asked John.

“Several of us went to the library to work on an extra credit project,” said Tommy.

The robot then walked around the table and slapped Tommy, knocking him completely out of his chair.

“Son,” said John, “this robot is a lie detector, now tell us where you really were after school.”

“We went to Bobby’s house and watched a movie.” said Tommy.

“What did you watch?” asked Marsha.

“The Ten Commandments.” answered Tommy.

The robot went around to Tommy and once again slapped him, knocking him off his chair once more.

With his lip quivering, Tommy got up, sat down and said, “I am sorry I lied. We really watched a tape called Sex Queen.”

“I am ashamed of you son,” said John.

“When I was your age, I never lied to my parents.”

The robot then walked around to John and delivered a whack that nearly knocked him out of his chair.

Marsha doubled over in laughter, almost in tears and said, “Boy, did you ever ask for that one! You can’t be too mad with Tommy. After all, he is your son!”

With that the robot immediately walked around to Marsha and knocked her out of her chair.

Stolen from: Phil of Phils Phun
Share This


  1. Saw that coming. Good one. lol.

  2. I haven't heard that one before. Didn't see it coming.


  3. LOL--that's a good one! Enjoy your Thursday!

  4. I don't want to get whapped by the robot... that sure was a funny one! And that's the truth. Are you heading out to the boat this weekend? Have fun!

  5. that was a KNEE slapper sandee!!!!

    smiles, bee

  6. That was a great one! Very original and creative.

    Thanks for the laugh this morning, I needed it.

  7. That one is hilarious!!!

  8. I saw that one coming too! LOL

    Have a great day!
    Big Hugs!

  9. And they lived happily hereafter...NOT! Haha...good one.

    Have fun today. Big hugs...

  10. Oh good one! Oh, yeah!

  11. That is hysterical. We need more of those lie detectors. That was perfect.
    All good at the doctor, in fact better than good which is really wonderful.
    Hope you have a great day Sandee and thanks for asking.

  12. Ha ha! All parents need one?

  13. I didn't see that one coming. Very funny. Thanks again for all the laughs. Have a great week end.

  14. Omg that was funny, I put it on one of my notes on facebook. Its too good to pass up! Thank you!

  15. OOPS best to be careful what you say around a lie detecting

  16. Hahaha guess we know where the kid gets his bad habits from!

  17. You got me on that one, I usually see it coming, but not this time. I hope everything is fine and dandy on the west coast. I know I haven;t been around much, so I had a lot of reading to do tonight and boy, I am glad I stopped here towards the end. I did it on purpose to get in a bunch of good laughs.

    LOTS of hugs to my first(OK second) mate :-)

  18. Sometimes you're ahead of the game when you remain silent, woman! bwahahahaha!

    Big hugs xo

  19. Heard of a similar story before. I saw it coming but I still find it very funny! Bwahahahaha! :D

    Lying is a perennial sin!

  20. lol..i never saw that coming:-)


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥