Friday, June 4, 2010


Let's put the seniors in jail, and the criminals in a nursing home. This way the seniors would have access to showers, hobbies,and walks, they'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc. and they'd receive money instead of paying it out.

They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly, if they fell, or needed assistance.

Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.

A guard would check on them every 20 minutes, and bring their meals and snacks to their cell.

They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.

They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counseling, pool, and education.

Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, P.J.'s and legal aid would be free, on request.

Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard with gardens.

Each senior could have a P.C. a T.V. radio, and daily phone calls.

There would be a board of directors, to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct, that would be strictly adhered to.

The "criminals" would get cold food, be left all alone, and unsupervised. Lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week. Live in a tiny room, and pay $5000.00 per month and have no hope of ever getting out.

Justice for all.

Stolen from Phil of Phils Phun
Share This


  1. Sandee..I love how you always make me laugh :)

    This one is funny but somehow the comparison is true!

    have a nice weekend!

  2. The fun angle aside... this one has a lot of truth in it... governments need to be more aware of such things...

    have a nice weekend mate... cheers..

  3. poetic justice at its best =) have a happy weekend, sandee!

  4. Actually, inmates don't get anywhere that many privileges, but I do see the irony in this piece.

    For the past few years my family has both a family member in the state prison system as well as a in nursing home. Both institutions leave much to be desired.

    And I don't think I'd like how easy it would be for the prisoners to just up and leave to re-offend, because most workers at nursing homes don't pay that much attention to anything. If my bil didn't stop daily (or often times several times a day) to see his mother, I'd hate to think how bad her circumstances would be. As it is, she has already lost a leg due to negligence while at another facility.

    Sorry for the non-funny comment, but this one hit a bit too close to home.

    Big hugs xo

  5. So sad, that this is probably so true. We are so blessed that my Grandma is still living in her own home. She is going to be 87 and I cannot for the life of me ever invision her living in a nursing home. She's too stubborn, strong willed and independant.

    Hope you have a great weekend, with lots of boating and great weather.

  6. Sounds like a deal to me.

  7. I prefer the cruise ship as a nursing home myself...

    The weekend is almost here! Hope you have lots of wonderful plans. We extended our stay to help hubby's sister out a bit more...

  8. If we could insure that the nursing homes get high walls with concertina wire around the tops then I might go for this idea but we'd have to insure that all of the seniors went to Federal Prisons as those are the ones that get all the perks.

    Seriously, though, it's a sad state of affairs when criminals get better treatment than our valued elderly.

    Hope you have a great weekend on the boat! Hi to Zane from me!

  9. this is funny but so true! now if we could get the inmates to care for the elderly it would give then something to do, and they MIGHT show compassion to the elderly!?

  10. That is all probably true, but as I get older, I would rather not be either place. I have great hopes of just staying here with my animals until the end. Both places don't sound very attractive to me.
    Hope you have a super week end Sandee in that super boat.

  11. Note to self: Commit a crime before I end up in a nursing home! LOL

    Have a great weekend Sandee!

  12. the element of satire in your article is thought provoking! have a great day!

  13. Hell, works for me. Except the afternoon snack thing in the "jail". I don't remember afternoon snacks. I was robbed! Bunch of damned thieves.

  14. this would really really be funny if it weren't true! plus those little nursing home rooms? try two to a room!

    smiles, bee

  15. I've decided when I'm about to go into a nursing home, I'm going to die peacefully in my sleep. I hope the Lord has decided the same thing :)

    Have a wonderful weekend Sandee!

  16. Amen! How sad, but true.

    Have a great weekend my friend!
    Big Hugs!


  17. Lots of truth in these comparisons.

    Have a great w/e! Big hugs...

  18. Much too true and nothing funny about it.

    Off to the boat!

  19. Works for me.enjoy the weekend.

  20. Funny, yet unfortunately so true! We need to take lessons from Arizona. At least one jail has the inmates wearing pink, only providing the Disney Channel when cable was "demanded" and only feeding the inmates bologna sandwiches. Great idea! Have a good weekend!

  21. I think that sounds like an excellent idea.

  22. That's the best idea ever!

  23. None of this is funny, yet it is a lot true. I hope you are not inferring that nursing home nurses and aides do not care for their patients. That is not true for most cases. They are however very understaffed, have poor non working equipment, limited resources, and if you turn a nursing home into the authorities the authorities do do an audit, and they will put big fines on the nursing home. The nursing home pays it and off we go to another day. I do not understand for the life of me why governments whether local, state, or federal choose to look away rather than make real changes. Nurses get scolded, aides lose their jobs yet the staffing ratios never get changed. The amount of money nursing homes are required to spend never changes, their profits are not limited. It is a vicious cycle with no end in sight. You know why because there is a lot of money to be made in nursing homes. They all cry poverty, they all cry foul, guess what none of it is true.

  24. I enjoyed the post. I learned something from this illustration. :D

  25. Nothing's perfect. My good friend's dad lost both of his legs during his lovely stay at a nursing home! The home is now closed, after paying a large sum to my friend's dad. That paid for his care at another home - church sponsored - where he lived out his days in comfort.
    My kids work for the feds and are fed up with the perks the inmates get, especially the Muslims. Sorry, but that's what I hear.
    Boy, a funny story sure turned into a downer...sorry.


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥