Saturday, June 12, 2010

Boating - Part III

The last 2.5 years have been filled with many different boating adventures. Our first trip to the San Francisco Bay was indeed exciting. It was also much simpler than we thought it would be. It was so enjoyable we went again last year and are planning to go again this year and the year after that.

We joined Encinal Yacht Club so we would have a club in the bay area to boat to when we have the time. Until I finish going through the chairs of DMYC I doubt we'll find the time. We've even talked about going out into the ocean to Monterey and Half Moon Bay. Wow have things changed.

We have gone from being to afraid to take the boat out of the slip to we are hardly ever in the slip. There's a thousand miles of waterways on the California Delta, so why stay in the slip. Do we have perfect landings all the time? No, but the bad landings are few and far between. What's most important is we've caused no damage to our boat or any other boat. I'm hoping we can keep this great record going.

Click on Picture to Biggify

What we didn't do was sit at home in front of the television and do nothing. We worked hard all our working lives and now it's time to do what we want to do, and we want to boat. All we are doing is camping on the water. Want to come along for a ride?

Current Whereabouts: Pittsburg Yacht Club
Share This


  1. Sandee--

    Sailing away was all I was doing....

    I love it for all the 'Jimmy Buffett' reasons....


  2. Duke's got his life jacket on and he's ready to go :)

  3. i am so happy for you! i love the water too. we used to have a boat, some years back. i guess we got too old or something but i still love cruise ships! i could literally live on one and never be tired of it.

    smiles, bee

  4. Willy is working toward retirement. Working on those things to do to stay out of the house and doing something. Looking at fishing and boating on a smaller level. The rivers and lakes of Arkansas are Willy's venue.

    Your boating sounds great.

    10-4 Willy

  5. It's all about living in the present. In the last few years we've learned that life is short and the present is our only guarantee.

    Our only regret is not doing this sooner...

    I love it that you're going to Monterey. branching out on the places to go. It's an awesome adventure and the memories last a lifetime.

  6. I'm loving your boating series! Just saying. Maybe you should start a blog about your boating excursions. I know I'd love it!

    And yes, I'd love to come on a cruise and camp on the water!

    Big hugs xo

  7. My gosh what a fabulous view!

  8. Great view.I can just see me boating,especially during a seizure.Can some one say look out.

  9. Thanks for the nice snap shot. your sharing experience is too nice of u.
    have a great week end!

  10. Count me in! I'll bring wine, cheese and crackers...any time.

    Love sharing your adventures. Big hugs, honey...

  11. I hope one day Hubs will retire and we can go places. We travel a lot when our boys were young, camping, skiing and enjoying the beauty of Nature.

    Hubs spends his time mowing and gardening all of our land. In a way, his dreams are complete now.

    I never thought I would be so far from civilization. It grows on you. I love the wild life in the country.

    Thank you for sharing your adventures with us. I love learning more about you.

  12. I would LOVE to go sailing one day, one day. Thanks for such a wonderful post!

  13. Of course I would love to join you!

    Beside, a dream of mine; To guide you around in the Oslo Fjord and other fjords in Norway in that boat. You know; You, that boat and the Norwegian coastline: A perfect match! :-)

  14. Yes, I want to come along for a ride, I'll be right there (pling!) I do so much agree that you are allowed to enjoy your life, live it, take risks, travel, meet new people and go new places. Much better then watching tv. You did work for it, you deserve it and life can only be lived once.

  15. Yes, Sandee! Always takes us along for the ride! It's fun to see the pictures, and it's good just knowing that you are actively participating in something that you love!

  16. No doubt at all, we will join you sailing in the Bay Area.

    In fact, our plan is to visit US in 2011.
    First we have to vist our Son in Michigan, the we are open for visiting family in CA as well;-)

  17. Of course we'd love a ride! Hopefully one day our cruising paths will cross. Like ya'll, we've worked hard and don't want to spend our retirement years in front of the television. No way!

  18. Hell yes I am ready. It must be quite the sight to see the Golden gate from the water. It sounds wonderful. Now I am wondering will there be a part 4?? Big Hugs to you from NY

  19. Love this...Would like to go once for the boating...


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥