Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Push

A man and his wife are awakened at 3 o'clock in the morning by a loud pounding on the front door. The man gets up and goes to the door where a drunken stranger, standing in the pouring rain, is asking for a push.

"Not a chance" says the husband, "it's 3 o'clock in the morning. "He slams the door and returns to bed.

"Who was that?" asks the wife.

"Just some drunk guy asking for a push" replies the husband.

“Did you help him?" she asks.

"No I did not, it's 3 o'clock in the morning and it's pouring rain outside!" he replied.

His wife said, "Can't you remember about three months ago when we broke down and those two guys helped us? You should be ashamed of your self!"

The man reluctantly gets dressed and goes out into the pouring rain.

He call out into the dark "Hello, are you still there?"

"Yes!" came back the answer.

"Do you still need a push?" calls out the husband.

"Yes! Please!" comes the reply from the darkness.

"Where are you?" asks the husband.

“Over here on the Swing!" replies the drunk!!!!

Hat tip: Frank of Foxxfyrre's Honk'n'Holl'r
Share This


  1. Oh boy! I'd push him, right into the nearest mud puddle. Actually if someone knocked on my door at 3 am, I would be petrified and frozen in fear in bed. Just saying.

  2. Oh I like that. Swinging in the rain, just swinging in the rain....la de de dah - I'm happy again...

  3. *rain-drenched rimshot*

  4. Sandee--

    Way too funny. Even though at times, I may resemble that 'stranger'.


  5. too funny!

    smiles, bee

  6. Well I needed that laugh this morning. Good one Sandee. I will remember that just in case.
    Have a great day.

  7. He probably got that push! Thanks for the chuckle.

    Big hugs, honey...

  8. That would call for one of those pushes where you run underneath the pushee to get a big boost!

  9. good joke... I don't really know who is drunk! Have great day!

  10. Had I decided to go outside to help then that would have been my luck, but sorry, I'm going back to sleep. I'll push him in the morning.

  11. Ouch! I felt that coming.

    Thank you for your support Sandee. In commenting on First Door on the Left, I had to make sure that my remarks were politically neutral.

  12. Wah ha ha ha! I didn't expect that one!

  13. Sometimes the "guilties" r good for u, and sometimes NOT !


    Hi Sandee !!!!!!!!

  14. First your joke, then Grace's comment. I'm cracking up here.

  15. He would go from drunk to dead if he rapped on my door.... lol... be forced to kill him.

    Great joke!

  16. Didn't really have the clue the story would end just like that! Hilarious! Hahahaha!

  17. It's never too late for a happy childhood hehehe

  18. I needed that laugh today.

    Big Hugs!

  19. Hahahaha! That was a good one, especially after the long day I had today. Didn't see it coming!

    It still sorta counts as a good deed... A few points deducted because his wife had to shame him into it!

    Big hugs xo

  20. Guilty concience :) I would nag him to go help too, though. I'm trying to be a nice person and help if I can.

  21. Woof! Woof! FUNNY. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

  22. It's true - no good deed goes unpunished!

  23. Oh shoot, I bet he got more push than he bargained for after that.

    Have a wonderful day Sandee!

  24. oh my... this got me cranked up... LOL...

    good one mate... :)

  25. Confession: this reminded me of a time a friend of mine and I got crocked up and visited a local playground. This was in my wild college days (daze?).

    We spent a couple of hours just giggling and swinging.

    I don't do that anymore. I'm all growed up...

  26. So now I understand the real meaning of push instead of pull - or was it vice versa? :lol:

  27. Good one....a push...couldn't meant something else...hmmm....


Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere. All comments are very much appreciated.

♥♥♥Have a terrific day.♥♥♥